IW STi Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i really really want an sti, but the problem is i wont be able to get one till next summer :cry:

i heard that only like a lil under 4000 are being imported, btw i want a 2004,

my question is, will i be able to get a 2004 sti in white next summer?

also i am 19 working and going to school, is there anything that subaru does with students to help make payments, cuz i plan on putting down about 12-15 grand as a downpayment, so ill belookin at like 600/mo.. :eek:

thx in advance ^_^

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Just make sure you are not going to get yourself in a hole just to have an STi. One BIG thing to also take into consideration is insurance. For someone your age that alone could add a couple hundred a month. Also if you put $12-15k down, unless you have bad credit and get a high rate, you payment will be under $500 a month.

Couple other things to consider is maintenance, tires, premium gas with not the best gas mileage. Just make sure you know what you are getting into.

·
Registered
424 Posts
as far as insurance goes... you can put the car with ur parents and sign you as an "occasional driver" i think that takes some $$ off at least thats what i've heard

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
it's amazing how many 19year-olds want to purchase a $32k car and all the associated and unforeseen expenses. when i was 19 and in college, i was struggling to find money just to make long-distance calls to my girl friend. {sigh} best of luck to ya.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Forester 2.5XT is Fast!

They had phones back then...???

;o)

·
Registered
631 Posts
I was thinking ....___M___.... ....___O___.... ....___R___.... ....___S___.... ....___E___.... code....

:eek:)

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
lol, I was thinking www.dialpad.com and free, but horrible quality calls..
ye, in college all I thought about is having enouhg for my meal payments..
If u 19, get $5000 a year for insurance
$10k aside for gas, insurance, tires, and anything else that might break, wear, etc..
$36k for a car + all fees..

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
:D very funny y'all. guess i should have seen that one coming.

amdmaxx, those are the kinda number i'm talking about. i was 19, 19 years ago, and those numbers are still pretty large for me. unfortunately, my parents wouldn't co-sign.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
choices

well.. i have good credit, making the payments wouldnt be a problem...

and im not entirely sure if my parents would cosign for me...

but the 2005 Sti, i would like to get a 2004 cuz it would be cheaper than the 2005, but will there still be enough 2004 stis next summer so i can get the color i want?

·
Registered
90 Posts
^^ I was 19, bought my 2001 prelude brand new, after tax/title all that ish, it came out to 26XXX or so (I worked that deal like crazy - saved like 3-4G's off the original price :D )...7500 down, my payment was 416.13 a month, always paid 100 over....in the 2 years that I've had it, I paid it off in 19 months, an have put over 10G's into it....meaning that after interest and all payments/mods, I've paid just over 40G's for my car....an it's all paid off.

BTW...I was makin 8 dollars an hour while workin during college, workin like 30 or so hours a week....then I got a rasie to 12.60 full time....it can be done, but don't think that it'll be easy while you're in school. also, keep in mind that I had plenty of scholarships/grants so that I didn't have to pay ANYTHING for college, so that helps big time.

it can be done....an I would recommend to everyone...pay it off as soon as possible. that's the best thing you can do....sure, those nice expensive rims/turbo upgrades will seem like a better idea....but not when you're still makin huge payments ;) pay that ish off quickly like I did

1 - 12 of 12 Posts