IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience or known anything about Autronic engine management systems. A local tuner shop will be testing them on their WRX's soon. From what I was told, these are stand only replacement boards and has full control over fuel, ignition timing, boost, and other engine functions. Also has Anti-lag and Auto Tune functions. Sounds interesting, however, not sure if it will compatible with the STi's.

·
Registered
72 Posts
hey thorn. We here over in Perth australia (and in fact most of australia) run alot of autronic engine managment. Its by an Australian company so go figure !
Autronic was founded when the two guys that founded MoTeC split and the other dude founded Autronic, so now they are competing against each other.
In australia the two TOP stand alone ecu's are Motec and Autronic.
Motec is more expensive tho, but only by a grand or so.
Perth is blessed with aalot of competent tuners and austronic is a favourite around here - if u cannot afford a motec.
They work wonders on WRX's but i must stress, the ecu is only as good as its tuner!!!
Right now, everyone around the world is waiting till Autronic release their updated version which will include the control of our cars AVCS - much like motec - n im guessing it will run on the same control principles.
So if u are eager to get one, i'l suggest you wait like the rest of us !!
depending on which features u get with it anti-lag , launch control - rotational idle etc etc , i think these are on the more expensive version , tho anti-lag comes standard on all versions SMC and SM2 .

www.autronic.com more info here.

todd.

·
Registered
103 Posts
front windshield

Were still waiting on the boards to be realease for the WRX / STi. I am currently running one in my personal car with great sucess.. Tuned with race fuel and 26psi i put down 710rwhp..

I cant wait to get the Subaru units to really see what that motor can handle..

Al
XX Tuning

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
XXTuning.com, HEY AL...YOU GUYS ROCK! DAN,CHRIS,JACK,TONY....EVEN THE LITTLE PUERTO RICAN GUY....CANT WAIT TO COME BACK AND GET MORE HORSEPOWER! PEACE

·
Registered
18 Posts
Here in Hawaii, there is a guy named, Justin who is an expert at tuning autronics computers. I think he is the distributer here in Hawaii. If you want to contact him, try calling (808) 593-1303 and ask how to get in touch with him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts