IW STi Forum banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
omg that is the most pathetic bs ive ever seen why cry about sumones typing or objiect becasue you think its misleading if you think that then go else where and keep your comments to yourself! you ever here the saying if you have nothing better to say dont say it or bite your tongue!" maybe its time you use that phrase, hey Kevin keep up the good work bud!

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
installation tips and ideas::

********for the 2005 STI, at least**********

1) this is plug and play; the backlight works as is (thought it didnt, but it does...)

2) you WILL need to transfer over a part of the USDM switch to the JDM one, in order to get the harness to lock into place...

here's what i mean...........

here's the backside of both switches....

the BRown switch (left) is the jdm, the white is the USDM.....

you need to remove the harness guide from the white (usdm) switch and snap it into place into the JDM version (also, the jdm needs to have the harness guide removed altogether)

here's the piece i am refering to:

it is locked in with a simple anchorclip tab, similar to the main harness (easy to remove)

by unclipping this from the USDM, and snapping into the JDM, the mod is complete, and the harness is able to be plugged in perfectly....

happy cooling!

ESE

ps- it is possible that the guide just needs to be reverse, but i didnt try this option.... (some do give it a try, okay??)

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
FasStAsS_sTi said:
omg that is the most pathetic bs ive ever seen why cry about sumones typing or objiect becasue you think its misleading if you think that then go else where and keep your comments to yourself! you ever here the saying if you have nothing better to say dont say it or bite your tongue!" maybe its time you use that phrase, hey Kevin keep up the good work bud!
When did I "cry about sumones typing"? Does Sumone type worse than you?

This is the appropriate place to comment about a misleading description because it's where the item is being advertised for sale. Kevin might be an upstanding guy, but his reaction to this whole tempest in a teapot hasn't been that impressive.

No, I never did "here" that saying. It's just as well, because I don't agree with it.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
worse then me huh? :evil: :lol: good one bud, how about ill be using my own statment to my advantage Ill take one for the team!, but let me enlighten you with one piece of information I am not your typical book writer, I tend to use my hands for other purposes then just professionally write on forums!

PS kevin I need that 12l tank and the switch, see what you can do for me?

thanks again
cheers
Amir

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
btw good write up esemes!

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
FasStAsS_sTi said:
btw good write up esemes!
thnx bro....

i have used the AUTO switch today and LOVE it....

it's AUTOMATIC pumping action is great; all i had to do wass initiate it by punching the button once, and it began to cycle cool distilled water/isopropyl mixture onto my topmount.....

i let it run for about 3 cycles (usdm equivelant), and, after popping the hood, found my i/c drenched and cooling nicely....

afterwards, i turned off the AUTO switch and kept on keeping on.....

MUCH easier and effective at getting the i/c drenched than the USM version....

i am on the fence about the 12L tank (was hoping to find one used), as i imagine that i'll be emptying the US one alot sooner now.... (also, my ecuteck deltadash can turn this on/off!!....once i get it!!lol)

this is a great true JDM upgrade, even for the most unskilled modders (myself in that group!)

ESE

ps- kev- feel free to take these pics and do with them as you like...

pss- if you just lightly stroke the switch, you get the equivelant of one cycle of the USDM switch; after disengaging the JDM switch, it stops at the end of the cycle (us equiv)...

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
cool!

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
'False Advertising??' :lol: :lol: :lol: Now that's a classic!!! I suggest you take your battle up with Subaru, since they came up with the name. Maybe you should suggest calling it 'DCIS', for Driver Control Intercooler Spray?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Personally I was thinking of a more DIY upgrade - taking apart the stock US switch and rewiring it to work in toggle mode. Sorry Kev, not trying to hurt your sales but I like to tinker with things....

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
RE: Re: my first mods...what do you think? 05 STI

let there be LIGHT.........

((now i can have a visaul to remind me of when the switch is engaged.....))

sorry for the crap picture, but you get the point..... the "in progress" lamp illuminates now when the pump is activated.....

its the little things in life.........

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
RE: cool

I am still trying to figure out how the JDM switches are wired together to have both momentary and auto in the dash. Why the heck do we only get one, and then just the momentary ones. That is a crock of @#%#!

Amir, none in stock, but we can order them from Japan again in March.

Scott, great pics!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Um slowride...

It's the standard name for the JDM one-push stay-on switch. It's called an automatic I/C spray switch. Anyone else that sells the same item calls it the same thing.

Stop playing semantics and don't troll around and cause trouble for a good vendor.

·
Registered
703 Posts
RE: Re: RE: Found this STi in AutoWeek Magazine...

Neek said:
Stop playing semantics
Someone got the right word. It isn't false advertising at all, you are merely playing semantics. And you are doing it against one of the better vendors we have which will get you even less points. What if I think that auto simply means it 'automatcially' stays on after pressing it; which makes sense opposed to the stock switch which does not stay on?

My real point is that if you wanted to fight for something, you are alone in this battle. The only thing you have done is made the majority of people on this board feel like you are an @$$. And you don't have to like it, and you can say anything you want. I just want to make sure you understand reality on this one.

offset

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Nah, all hail the JDM Spec C because it has soooo many goodies we dont get.

More switches in at the end of the month.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
offset said:
The only thing you have done is made the majority of people on this board feel like you are an @$$.
Slowride said:
You're right, I'm a turd. All hail Kevin!
:applause: Never before has a response backed up someone's point like that one did.

What a dolt. :roll:

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
RE: Re: RE: video of my STi and bro

All I have to say is that you should read the KOI thread in the Donating Members Only forum. King Kevin's reign is showing some cracks.

Oh, but you're not Donating Members are you?

·
Registered
298 Posts
RE: Please read

I also don't think that it should be considered/called automatic since you have to press it to start spraying and again to stop...manual steps to activate and deactivate!

But i also don't see any false advertising from the vendor since that's what this item has been known/dubbed to be...automatic! Even says Auto on it!

Anyway it's still different to what we have now...some people will need it some people won't!

...free bump i guess! :lol:

·
Registered
703 Posts
Slowride said:
All I have to say is that you should read the KOI thread in the Donating Members Only forum. King Kevin's reign is showing some cracks.
Ah, I understand now. You are criticizing this sale because of some of Kevin's other issues. I still find it silly to split hairs over the wording of the manufacturer's description for an item that is being sold by Kevin. If you wanted to bash KOI, why not just directly criticize instead of playing semantics on a non-related situation?

offset

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
offset said:
Ah, I understand now. You are criticizing this sale because of some of Kevin's other issues.
No, you don't understand. I complained because the friggin' switch isn't automatic. I don't care if that's what Subaru calls it. An exemplary vendor would go out of his way to ensure that customers knew what they were getting. At a minimum, I'd put Automatic in quotes in the Subject of the thread.

I only mentioned the Donating Members thread because I was tired of people deifying Kevin and demonizing me.

I still find it silly to split hairs over the wording of the manufacturer's description for an item that is being sold by Kevin.
I don't, because Kevin is responsible for how he advertises this item, not Subaru.

If you wanted to bash KOI, why not just directly criticize instead of playing semantics on a non-related situation?
Because I didn't want to bash KOI. I have no personal experience with KOI. My only gripe is with what you dismiss as "semantics" but what I consider misleading advertising.

If you don't have a problem with calling this switch automatic, that's up to you. But I do have a problem with it, and no, I won't drop it.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts