IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

They are finally here!!!! Get yours before these sell out for another 3 months. JDM Automatic Intercooler Switches in our local warehouse. You push the button and the water spray runs until you push the button again. This means you can push it, run your quarter mile or your drag race and push it again to shut it off, giving you all the possible power the water spray can give throughout the run instead of for just the second or two that your factory STi intercooler switch gives you. The water spray switch has been dyno tested to add 5+hp, which is the equivalent to the $200+ air filters on the market.

Install is simple. Slide out your existing momentary Intercooler switch. Unplug the harness. Plug the harness into the new switch and slide it in. Then you are good to go.

ORDER HERE: http://www.kingofimports.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=0&idproduct=63

Kevin
[email protected]
King of Imports, LLC
http://www.kingofimports.com

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Mr.Corn said:
Does the harness allow it to be run along with the original I/C spray switch, or does it replace it?
Same question here

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
im sure you can always hard wire it so that you can have both.....but thats the same question i got :lol:

cheers
amir

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you leave it on, you will hear the pump running or your IC tank will drain out completely. If this happens, a bright light will flash on your dashboard as you accelerate, indicating that your IC tank is empty or getting low. You will then realize, I think, that the switch was left in the on position.

We are selling the switch, which is all that is needed. You do not need any harness to make this work. This switch plugs into the same spot where your current switch is plugged. With regard to maintaining both switches, there is no safe way that we know how to wire them up to work together.

To install it, all you need to do is to remove one, and install the other in its place. It is as simple as unplugging the wiring harness and plugging it back into the new switch.

Kevin
[email protected]
King of Imports, LLC

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For those looking for something bigger and a little more jdm, we offer the 12L Intercooler Tank, which provides 4 times more capacity, enabling the drag racer to make a few runs at the track before needing to fill it back up again.

We have 1 in stock ready for shipment now.

Kevin
[email protected]
King of Imports, LLC

Direct Line: 310-383-3623

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
This isn't "automatic", it's just a toggle: it stays on until you press it again.

An automatic mode would, um, automatically spray when it was needed, and stop when it was no longer needed.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It says Auto I/C Switch. How it works is described above. If it was not clear, then perhaps you added some clarification. Uh, thank you.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Uh, you're welcome.

Just because the switch says "auto" doesn't make it so. You're reselling this item, and copping an attitude when someone calls you out for false advertising doesn't give me a great impression of your business practices.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
JDM Automatic Intercooler Switches in our local warehouse. You push the button and the water spray runs until you push the button again. This means you can push it, run your quarter mile or your drag race and push it again to shut it off,
i got it on the first try (am also thinking of getting deltadash to work with it, so as to blow water when boost is maxxed....)

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Slowride said:
Uh, you're welcome.

Just because the switch says "auto" doesn't make it so. You're reselling this item, and copping an attitude when someone calls you out for false advertising doesn't give me a great impression of your business practices.
The text clearly describes how the automatic intercooler switch from Japan functions.

Ask those that have done business with us. Our business practices are some of the best in the industry. I am sorry if you do not care to do business with us. We do our best to fully inform customers about the products we sell as we have in this case. We did not make up the name Automatic Intercooler switch, but we have no problem using the standard industry language to describe the products we sell.

As part of our business practices, we do our best to fully describe how those items we sell function so you know what you are getting when you buy from us aside from the fact that we tell you what we actually have in stock and what we source from other places.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
So does anyone know the flow rate from the sprayer. How long would it take to empty the stock tank vs. the JDM one.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
CGMDan said:
So does anyone know the flow rate from the sprayer. How long would it take to empty the stock tank vs. the JDM one.
guess i can try for you guys....

got my switch today.....

just need to find a container to empty the water into i guess

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I did read the description, which is accurate. It's the misleading subject to which I object, regardless of whether it's "standard industry language" or not.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts