IW STi Forum banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
never drove a manual nor cared to try it out

all my friends who own a manual car drive their cars once or twice a week due to the heavy traffic and own other cars

my car will be a semi daily driver

Dude, just get the auto.
You have clearly stated that you only want an auto.

It doesnt matter anymore if its highly tunable or not as this is what you really want :)

Game over :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
AUTO..? :rolleyes: ...just stick with your auto jeep :tdown:

I always laugh at people that rationalize servo shifting manuals because they shift faster as if they're doing timed laps at the Nurburgring testing for Subaru.
hahaha

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have an auto STI sedan, and I have only one question how to improve\add more torque and not to waste my tranny? Any suggestions?

I know that most of the drivers here think that STI is a car with manual transmission but I don't care ;) If you can help me\advice on how to improve my STI I will be more than happy :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have an auto STI sedan, and I have only one question how to improve\add more torque and not to waste my tranny? Any suggestions?

I know that most of the drivers here think that STI is a car with manual transmission but I don't care ;) If you can help me\advice on how to improve my STI I will be more than happy :)
Just like any other car, you can change the basics of Intake, exhaust, reflash/tune. These will definitely increase the power of your car

·
Registered
9,112 Posts
Auto STi is an oxymoron and borderline sacrilegious. If your leg gets tired from driving manual in traffic, then it is time to pump some iron. My left calf is like 30% larger than my right calf after driving manual with Stage 2 or higher clutches for >12 years :lol:

·
Super Sakura Dominator
11,667 Posts
Auto STi is an oxymoron and borderline sacrilegious. If your leg gets tired from driving manual in traffic, then it is time to pump some iron. My left calf is like 30% larger than my right calf after driving manual with Stage 2 or higher clutches for >12 years :lol:
Oh my gosh! :eek:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Bringing this thread to life

Im going to start modding my STI

Corsa exhaust the car is too damn quiet

Need a down pipe and intake any recommendations?

The gearbox will be built because the car is an automatic

·
Registered
37 Posts
YES. cancel your order now! DO NOT get an automatic, these cars arent meant to be automatic! Trust me, you want this in manual even if you cant drive a manual, they are amazing cars to leanr how to drive a manual in as well, they are really good at correcting your clutch mistakes and such when your learning (to a degree) I didnt even know they made the STI in automatic...
yup...my wife picked up a 16 in CVT and I was so disappointed...I ended up picking up an STi several weeks later and its a like night/day...so much to drive

·
Registered
65 Posts
Bringing this thread to life

Im going to start modding my STI

Corsa exhaust the car is too damn quiet

Need a down pipe and intake any recommendations?

The gearbox will be built because the car is an automatic
I don't think that you need an intake unless you're going for 400+ or 500+hp.. downpipe will really be beneficial and you'll get a decent amount of power (with a good tune of course).. most of my friends have the invidia downpipe and they are happy with it.. mind you, choose the downpipe that fits the STI with Auto transmission as the invidia Downpipe for the MT transmission WILL NOT FIT without some modifications. I have to check but I believe that the invidia downpipe for the Legacy GT will fit.

By the way, I have the STI '13 hatch AUTO too. And I'm in Kuwait, so drop me a PM if you have any more questions.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I don't think that you need an intake unless you're going for 400+ or 500+hp.. downpipe will really be beneficial and you'll get a decent amount of power (with a good tune of course).. most of my friends have the invidia downpipe and they are happy with it.. mind you, choose the downpipe that fits the STI with Auto transmission as the invidia Downpipe for the MT transmission WILL NOT FIT without some modifications. I have to check but I believe that the invidia downpipe for the Legacy GT will fit.

By the way, I have the STI '13 hatch AUTO too. And I'm in Kuwait, so drop me a PM if you have any more questions.
Already bought invidia downpipe and exhaust
Cobb intake

Next on the list are but still undecided on which brand
Wheels
Lower kit
Fmic

·
Registered
65 Posts
Already bought invidia downpipe and exhaust
Cobb intake

Next on the list are but still undecided on which brand
Wheels
Lower kit
Fmic
Great buy :tup:
Can't give any suggestions on wheels as you have too many to choose from.
Lower kit: roads here are horrible as you know, so I will go with a maximum of 1inch drop.. but to really make the car handles better I would suggest some bushings (LCA bushings, cross member, etc) and some not too stiff sway bars and endings..
FMIC: are you planning on upgrading the turbo?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Great buy :tup:
Can't give any suggestions on wheels as you have too many to choose from.
Lower kit: roads here are horrible as you know, so I will go with a maximum of 1inch drop.. but to really make the car handles better I would suggest some bushings (LCA bushings, cross member, etc) and some not too stiff sway bars and endings..
FMIC: are you planning on upgrading the turbo?

Im looking at the eibach lowerkit, maybe add some whiteline swaybars

As for the FMIC , the car is an ongoing project maybe ill stop at 300whp or take it to 600

With temperatures of 60'C in the summer , the car will benefit from some cooling

·
Registered
65 Posts
Im looking at the eibach lowerkit, maybe add some whiteline swaybars

As for the FMIC , the car is an ongoing project maybe ill stop at 300whp or take it to 600

With temperatures of 60'C in the summer , the car will benefit from some cooling
It's cooling down A BIT these days around 49c haha..
I got the blitz oil cooler and the group N steering fluid cooler which will be installed soon. I know at least 3 guys here in Kuwait who needed a steering pump replacement because of over heating (myself too).. I was lucky that the car was still on warranty but if it wasn't, I would have paid 350KD (over 1000$).

Whiteline products are great.. and you can really kit great kits from them.

I'm not really experienced in engine modifications so I can't really recommend FMIC or such.. but I'm sure the guys here will help.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
If you only want 300whp, don't bother with a FMIC unless you just want it for show, it's not a necessity.

Personally I would go stage 2 and add a transmission cooler.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
It's cooling down A BIT these days around 49c haha..
I got the blitz oil cooler and the group N steering fluid cooler which will be installed soon. I know at least 3 guys here in Kuwait who needed a steering pump replacement because of over heating (myself too).. I was lucky that the car was still on warranty but if it wasn't, I would have paid 350KD (over 1000$).

Whiteline products are great.. and you can really kit great kits from them.

I'm not really experienced in engine modifications so I can't really recommend FMIC or such.. but I'm sure the guys here will help.
From where did you buy the oil and steering cooler ?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
If you only want 300whp, don't bother with a FMIC unless you just want it for show, it's not a necessity.

Personally I would go stage 2 and add a transmission cooler.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Still not sure at what power level I will stop

The downpipe,exhaust and intake are being installed and see how that goes

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
How much power and torque can the automatics take though before the clutches start to slip and or gears brake? Can the stall speed be changed or a smaller converter available to help with launches?

I agree with others though at this point the technology available for hydraulic actuated Sequential manual version of the current 6 speed would be the way to go. Keeping my fingers crossed that subaru does that in the next gen as an option.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts