IW STi Forum banner

181 - 191 of 191 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
I think you hooked it up correctly. The light isn't very bright to begin with. If you want the orange part at the top to light up you need to solder a wire on two of the contacts like wolfplayer describes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think you hooked it up correctly. The light isn't very bright to begin with. If you want the orange part at the top to light up you need to solder a wire on two of the contacts like wolfplayer describes.
He sprayer works but found yesterday that when the button is activated ,my parking lights are turned on. I need to know the pin out of the auto switch and which wires tapped go to which pin from the USDM switch to the Jdm auto switch. Also it doesn't glow green....Thanks
-shane

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
If I were you I'd read every page of this thread and you'll probably find a wiring diagram somewhere that will give you the info you need. Otherwise take note as to who knows their stuff when it comes to wiring this mod as you read through the thread and PM them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys, just did the mod today. Found the best way to hook up the switch so the light shows when the intercooler is actively firing not just when the button is pressed in.

In the standard install you connect 2-2, 3-3, 4-4, 5-5 and if you want to have the top bulb light when the button is pressed in you bridge the terminals (post #32)

To have the top bulb fire when the boost solonoid circuit is complete and the intercooler is firing just connect #2 from the harness to #1 on the JDM switch then connect the rest of the lines as normal. That's it. No splitting lines or running the light in parralel. No need to bridge terminals. The bulb is already in sequence with the rest of the I/C spray circuit.

Note that if you wire ur switch this way you MUST replace the factory incandescent indicator bulb (top one) with a 8mm T3 neo wedge LED.

Easy =)

·
Registered
339 Posts
I thought some people would like to see the spin that I put on my set up
I wanted to do the boost reference but I also wanted to be able to make it run constantly (autocross run). So I came up with this idea. I have a three pole switch (on-off-on) instead of just two. This way I can have it be constant, off or boost reference.
I also wanted to know when it's running. I didn't want to have to hear it so I took it a step further. So to fix that problem by wiring in a LED indicator light. Which turns on when its in constant mode or only when the boost level is hit when the boot mode.

Here is the pic of the switch. Far one on the left. The switch is very similar to the fan switch on a oven vent hood. That has the two fan speeds

Then here is one of the LED in my gauge pod above the radio

Then here is one when it kicks on

I also positioned the pressure switch so that I could remove the coin tray out and be able to pull it out to be able to easily adjust what pressure it was set at. I also added a note to the back of of the coin tray to remind me what direction to turn it to increase of decrease the pressure. It's taped to I can lift it up to see the fuse diagram under it. Also put a little holder there to hold the Allen key that is used to adjust it

If any one is interested in knowing the the bigger LED below the one of the IC sprayer indicator is a knock light

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
Nice work RallySTiGuy!
I'm so glad I diid this mod (boost referenced IC spray), and I wish I did it sooner. I love how quickly I am cycling through tanks of distilled water. I used to fill the reservoir once ever few years because I NEVER used the manual switch. When I am hauling ass the last thing I want to do is take my hand off the wheel to press the IC button, I hated how I had this cool functional feature that I never used. Now I'm filling the tank about every 3 months and smile every time I see the IC light come on. Distilled water is cheap and I buy 6 gallons at a time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Time to resurrect this thread. Does anyone have a link to the pressure switch. I cannot find one. I looks on eBay and no luck. Thanks

181 - 191 of 191 Posts