IW STi Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Too Old to Rock N Roll: How old is to old for STi?

I'd like to organize a big caravan to some of the autocrosses next season.

If you live in the DFW area..you are in the place if you really enjoy autocrossing.

There's 5!! clubs that have autocrosses here..and these aren't the standard arsenal, SCCA-tight, autocrosses, these are big, wide open, and FASST courses. At one of the Texas Motor Speedway autocrosses, I've hit 130mph in the friggin VIP/PSL lot - no joke.

Also, most of the Mineral Wells/TMS autocross are at least 1 mile in length, if not a bit longer. That's almost as long as some of the best road race tracks out there! (TWS can be configured to be 1.6-2.1? miles long..and I think Motorsports Ranch is only 1.8 miles long??)

At Mineral Wells, it is almost guaranteed you will at least hit 90 and many times I've gone 100+ there...

The BMWCCA Lone Star region, the Porsche Maverick Region, the North Texas S2000 club, the Equipe Rapide group, and the Texas Region SCCA all have events. Last season (this past year) I probably autocrossed every other weekend! :) (granted I didn't get my STi until 3 weeks ago...)

With BMW, Porsche, and S2000 club, you get 4 runs in the morning and 4 runs in the afternoon, for a price of around $25...that's dirt cheap.

Anyway, we'll talk more as the season starts up in February... hope to start seeing a large contingency of WRX/STi's not only in attendance, but participating! It's addicting - if you couldn't tell ;)

·
Registered
493 Posts
Looking forward to
Please keep us updated...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts