IW STi Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a picture of someone put the "AUTO I/C spray" button as well as the regular manual "I/C water spray" button in his RDH V7... in a mag.
(sorry for poor quality, but I don't have a scanner, just a D-cam!

I know... it's a RHD version 7 (bug eye), but it works the same electronically!
Anyone got any ideas on how to get them both to work?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Wire them in a parallel circuit?

It depends how the auto works.... is it like a temperature setting? Or does it just keep spraying until you click it back off?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I replaced my manual switch with the auto switch..

http://www.sti-buki.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26

I thought about wiring them in parallel but didn't want to have to splice into the wiring loom. The auto switch didn't come with a wiring connector either and I couldn't be bothered to try to find one. IMHO you don't need both. If I want a single 2 second shot, I just push the switch twice quickly. Works for me :D

·
Registered
98 Posts
bitabur said:
Definately no big deal.

I would've done it parallel just for the fun. :)
Agreed, just too lazy!

·
Registered
575 Posts
I have made an order on the auto switch too and will connect it parallel, just to fill out all the unused button slots

·
Registered
251 Posts
If you really want to have a true auto switch, you need this. A switch that's just stuck in "on" isn't a true auto switch.

Sounds perfect for drag racing, but useless for road racing... MRT has a full temperature or boost sensors kit to do it right.

·
Registered
575 Posts
when I was at the track trying to hit that manual button felt nearly impossible :) so having an auto is much nicer so that you can hit it and just drive :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
how did you guys pop off the button? just got my auto and can't pull that button out. did you guys go through the fuse box underneath the button?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts