IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am currently shopping around for used auto loan rate. I did find some banks and credit unions. I have an 16' STI that I plan on purchasing as a used car once my lease ends (April 2019).

I wanted to get recommendations on banks and credit unions with the lowest interest rates for used car loan. I am looking both local in my area, Northern California as well as online and outside my area.

I have searched the thread to see if there were any threads on this topic and I did review them. However, all of them were outdated threads but also I was unable to find in the threads of places that are local to me.

Thank you,

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
youll need to shop around yourself and get actual quotes.. generally speaking, local credit unions give the best rates and are easiest to deal with. you may need to open a checking account with them though.

gl.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I refinanced my STi with capital one Auto and got the lowest rate, even with Credit unions, lowest I could find was 3.99%. I got 2.99% and it was a used vehicle. My credit is good but not perfect.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
chase gave me the best new rates - and i still have free weekly credit score updates with the loan paid off long ago.

cu made it happen when i bought used.

·
Registered
255 Posts
You're here in the Bay?

Look at Credit Unions near you.

I work at Technology Credit Union (full disclosure) and at Tech CU as of Feb 11, 2020, the used auto loan rate for 60 months (just one scenario) can be as low as 3.74% APR.

On the other hand, looking around, i see Star One Credit Union has used auto loan rates (under $30,000) for 3.55% APR.

Hope that helps. Wherever you choose, be sure to look in to all the costs and fees (besides just APR) when you get into the process. Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Honestly, I have a couple of recommendations that I would like to share. To take any loan is a risky and responsible step, and before that you need to think carefully. For example, I recently decided and took a loan worth more than 35,000 to buy a new Nissan Pathfinder. Before this, it is important to find a reliable bank with a good reputation. I really looked for a reliable bank for a long time and I was lucky that I came across one review about the bank at https://credit-10.com/lv/kredits-365-kredits/. As a result, I decided to start cooperating with this bank and I successfully received a loan and was able to repay it literally in 2 years. I paid a loan with an interest rate of 2.5 percent and this is a very good offer. So be careful!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts