IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: 18" wheel perfect size and offset ?

Did anyone have it installed? I'm going back to the dealer this week to get it installed. I really like it there. It makes my interior looks more fansy 8)

·
Registered
347 Posts
I had mine installed post-purchase. My freinds gave me a lot crap about spending $300 when I could have just "flipped the little lever," but I'm a techno junkie so I had to do it. That $300 wasn't just the mirror and labor for its install -- I had the power adapter for my V1 installed at the same time (one hour install for the mirror and two for the V1 or the othere way around, don't remember).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah, it's got a digital compass, too. Mine came that way (the guy who ordered the car backed out and I was next). I didn't want it really because I had NEVER had one before. I like it alot, but it takes somes getting used for (at least it did for me). Whenever a car isn't behind you with headlights on, the mirror is normal. Whenever it sees light shining into it...it just dims right down! Very cool and effective. Not sure if I'd pop $300 for it if I didn't have to, but since I've got it...I'm glad. Now I just have to get my Valentine 1 ordered and installed and I'll be ready to fly (once I get past the breakin period).

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
we have it on our '00 outback and like it a lot. the compass is also really nice to have when navigating a new city, etc. i didn't want it in the sti because of the added weight. :p

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my dealer only charge me 160 for it :D , and the sales said he'd install it for me to save my labor fee, how generous. he said it'd only take him 10 to 15 mins to get it done. I agree with crazytrain, if they charge me 300 bucks, i probably will still go for it.
we have it on our '00 outback and like it a lot. the compass is also really nice to have when navigating a new city, etc. i didn't want it in the sti because of the added weight.
C'mon 4MLA1MN! the 1/2 pound mirror is not going to hurt your car's performance. matter of fact, i'd bet a head unit itself is probably heavier. Actually, my car is already heavier after i got those heavy plastic floor mats from the dealer. those aftermarket STi carpets look nice, but carpeted floor mats are hard to be kept clean. Anyway, in case people don't have it don't know, a cool feature about the mirror is, when you are in reverse, it'll always go back to its normal state so that u can have a better vision when backing up. the electronic compass is the major reason for me to get it. Sweet!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
NDMac said:
C'mon 4MLA1MN! the 1/2 pound mirror is not going to hurt your car's performance...
i was kidding! :) i think the mirror is very cool. i just chose to go with a stripped car this time around.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts