IW STi Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help With Greddy Temp Gauge Install

My STi came with this option, and so far I'm not overly impressed with it. My eyes are apparently more sensitive to light that it is. They put an button in there to disable it, I wish they woulda also put one in to just make it full dim and stay there.

I like the compass, but the mirror is kind of annoying sometimes.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I like the STi's auto dimming mirror more than the one that's on my Volvo XC70 AWD. That's saying a lot since I really liked the one on the Volvo :) The one on the STi reacts quicker and the slight blue tint is cool.

·
Registered
668 Posts
i like the compass... it helped me out when i wasn't sure which way to turn... but i'm not a big fan of auto-dimming mirrors in general. I don't like the blue tint it gets, but i just live with it since it defaults to on every time i start the car. But I guess it's growing on me slowly...

·
Registered
542 Posts
Yeah, I like the r.v. mirror but it doesnt do me any good cuz I got 5% tint on the rear and sides.

·
Registered
97 Posts
coming from Lexus' auto-dimming mirror all around, (yeah, side mirrors too), I think this one in STi isn't that bad. The reaction time could be slightly better but it's hardly noticable.
My compass is a little off though, no matter how I tried to reset it, it's about 45 degrees off clockwise. So if I am going west, it shows SW.
Anyone ever had experience with the ones Ford used years ago, where the whole mirror moves instead of dim? Now THAT was annoying!!!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've been driving the car for almost a month now, and I still don't care for it. I like the compass, but I don't like the auto-dimming. I find that the spoiler blocks people's headlights just enough that it doesn't always activate, and when it does activate it's not fast enough.

I just dunno if I hate it enough to lose the compass and convert it to a regular day/nite mirror.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Coming from the one in my S4 which dimmed the outside mirrors as well it's a bit of a downgrade, but over all I like it.

However I don't have the factory one, I didn't want the compass, I got one from Mito Corporation which includes HomeLink buttons for working my garage door, which completely rocks!

-G

·
Registered
11 Posts
I kinda like it,
the one on my wifes old Baja, and on my 02 RS seemed to work alot faster, almost withing a 1/2 t 1/4 second, instead of a good full second that this on in my STi does.
I like the function, but wish for quicker and darker modes, as it seems every freaky Honda and VW in tacoma follows me on the hiway, up my ass and with thoose super 100 watt lowbean headlights I keep seeing in all the ricer shops.....
-

·
Registered
521 Posts
most of the time i like it. but i would like it so when you push the button to turn on/off, it stays that way regardless if the engine is turned off. i just hate to press the button again to turn it off when i start the car again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts