IW STi Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I wanted to take an updated poll of people who have taken delivery of their STi in an attempt to clear up whether or not ping is a widespread or isolated issue. The simple question is: does your car ping? Most people seem to hear it at WOT beteen 3500 and 4500 RPM, and things like ambient temp and fuel octane don't seem to matter much. Let's get an idea what percentage of new owners have experienced this. Only if you actually own an STi, please. (SOA: no fair stuffing the ballot box. :))

-ch

·
Registered
133 Posts
Had my STi for a little over a month now and no pining and Im running 91 octane. I have tried going up hill at WOT from 3-4k RPM and no pinging what so every.

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
wide open throttle

·
Registered
347 Posts
No ping for me. I was out yesterday running around on 92 octane, and the outside air temp gauge was reading between 95 and 98 for most of the afternoon. I have a lead foot, so I'm sure I would have heard it by now if it were happening.

·
Registered
857 Posts
please, if you're gonna make a poll, include other possible answers like:

* dont know what a ping sounds like
* still breaking it in
* havent had a change to go WOT yet.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TURBO SUZUKI HAYABUSA!

ldivinag,

I hear what you're saying, but that NASIOC poll covers all the if, ands, and buts. I just want something simple--either you think you have ping or you don't. This will be the lower limit on people who have ping. If the number is greater than, say, 10%, then there is a significant problem. If not, then ping is really just one of those overestimated rumors.

If you're in the break-in period, answer no. If you haven't even hit WOT, then answer no. If you don't know what ping is, answer no. I bet we *still* get a good number of people reporting ping.

-ch

·
Registered
631 Posts
I get a HUGE ping when I've got a WOT right after I eat some pork'N'beans......

:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts