Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Where: Arkansas bend (meet at HEB on nameless (2243) and old 183 (by my house)). There is a nice twisty back-way there.

Arkansas Bend Park, Travis County, Texas

Who: Well, Tess and I will be there (we has babysitter). Gonna invite the Woodrows crowd. Anyone else who wants to come.

What to do: Swim fools! And drink Beer! Maybe BBQ!

When: Sunday 7/20/08 - Meet up around noon at HEB.

H-E-B Store Locator

-Gabe

EDIT:

Confirmed:

Gabe
Tess
Bobby
Braden
Kris

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: ATX and Surounding - Drive to Lake Travis - 7/19 or 7/20

Sunday works for us too. We will BBQ hotdogs prolly. Or maybe just drink. ;)

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll take you up on that one. ;) Shiner Hef sucks. I have like 8 bottles in my fridge (refuse to drink them). Regular shiner is good. I like Grolsch though best I think.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You like spit it out it was so gross. I think I then tried it. LOL.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats 5 so far. ;)

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lol. That is some scary beer.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mapquest and google have the store location wrong. It is at the corner of 183 and 2243. Right in the middle of Leander. If you google map Leander TX, the dot ends up right where the HEB is. I work in RR, it takes me 15-20 minutes to get home. I live ~1.5 miles from that HEB (off of Crystal Falls).

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea it wasnt so good. I think the shiner black is supposed to be really good.

P.S. I may be blowing some money on the AEM stand alone.
What made you choose AEM over say a Hydra or an Autronics? Does the AEM have auto-tune as well?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'll be coming from the 45W, what exit should I be taking off the 183A?
183A N to 2243 (take a left). Then once you hit old 183, take a right. Then the next stoplight take a left (that is still 2243 although you have to get on 183 to get to it). That is HEB. Call me if you get lost.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Mapquest and google have the store location wrong. It is at the corner of 183 and 2243. Right in the middle of Leander.
Damn, I'd go but it would take me a tank of gas just to get up to Leander and back home. You yuppies in the suburbs :D

(I'm way down at 290 and Mopac, SW Austin)

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sometimes we go out to Pace Bend, but that kills a tank of gas for us. It is a much larger park though. Just stay out of boost until you get to Leander. I used to work near where you live and made the drive from Leander every day. Mopac hits 183 and 183 turns into 183a. Its like a 15-20 minute drive on the toll roads to my house. Then another 20 minutes or so to the lake. ;)

1 - 20 of 86 Posts