IW STi Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my wheels today. However, after inspecting them, I noticed that each wheel has "5x100" etched on the outer portion. However, the sticker has the correct specs (18x8.5 5x114.3 +45).

To those of you have that these wheels, is this normal?

I asked the vendor that i bought them from, but I just need a second opinion from you guys that actual have them.

thanks guys...

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
SD 05 STi said:
I just received my wheels today. However, after inspecting them, I noticed that each wheel has "5x100" etched on the outer portion. However, the sticker has the correct specs (18x8.5 5x114.3 +45).

To those of you have that these wheels, is this normal?

I asked the vendor that i bought them from, but I just need a second opinion from you guys that actual have them.

thanks guys...
if they bolt up you're golden.

·
resigned
5,609 Posts
i remember hearing about this from one of the vendors, should be just fine, mine should be sitting on my doorstep when I get home from work...

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Didn't even check that... I was off to tire shop in hurry to get tires mounted and the wheels on the car. lol. I would have been pissed if mine were 5x100. :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
When I picked up my wheels from WorldOne...I asked that same question and they called up Mackin and verified...it has something to do with the forging process etc...

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
just mount them. if they don't fit, you have your answer...but yeah it's normal. i see alot of 5x114.3 rims like that . i think they forge it ,then make the bolt pattern, so that stamp is just on there... i wouldn't sweat it, just tell people you did a swap with an 04 sti cuz the hubs are admantium

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the replies guys. i got a message back from the vendor that i bought them from and they pretty much gave me the same answer that everyone is giving me.

ugh, now i need tires and lug nuts so i can install them.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Where do you buy the lug nuts from?

·
Registered
641 Posts
maybe that's why they were selling them for so cheap?

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
Chiznarles said:
maybe that's why they were selling them for so cheap?
they are selling them so cheap b/c Nismo decided not to produce the model car that these were going to go on.

so volk had a surplus.

18x8.5 +45mm happens to be good on an Altima ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts