IW STi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My setup now is ID1050X, AEM340, Radium FPR (with Intake and TBE) and have an Ethanol Sensor install and tune in about a month.

Not sure what the limits of the stock rails are? Not because I have a crazy setup, but because if I have it in for some surgery already I'd like to bundle things. However, if the stock rails still give me some runway (meaning maybe a smallerish turbo upgrade in the future) then I'll kick that can down the road.

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
From my experience, I ran ID1300s, Hardwired walbro 450 in Radium tank, Radium FPR with stock rails without much issue for about 3 years. I burned up 1 Walbro 450, which I attributed to the stock lines being a restriction and commanding 50 psi base fuel pressure.

the only reason I swapped was because i could NOT get my ID 1300s to seal correctly inside the IAG TGV deletes.

·
Registered
81 Posts
My setup now is ID1050X, AEM340, Radium FPR (with Intake and TBE) and have an Ethanol Sensor install and tune in about a month.

Not sure what the limits of the stock rails are? Not because I have a crazy setup, but because if I have it in for some surgery already I'd like to bundle things. However, if the stock rails still give me some runway (meaning maybe a smallerish turbo upgrade in the future) then I'll kick that can down the road.

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
I think your best bet is to defer to your speed shop/tuner for what they like to do with similar setups and for your desired goals. Hopefully its a reputable shop that designs reliable builds rather than just sell parts to maximize profit on all customers?

Specific to my experience, the tuner I am working with loves keeping as many stock OEM parts in place as possible. Unless your planning on high power builds, nothing is as reliable or performs like OEM bits.

My personal opinion, the stock rails should be plenty fine for a smaller turbo upgrade and future plans you describe above.

·
Super Moderator
8,721 Posts
CJ ran 9's on stock lines... If anything, get fuel dampers in there. Each rail only has to feed two cylinders, so they aren't small.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts