IW STi Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is another thread about people selling their cars so I thought I would share something I've gone through the last two weeks. I'm planning to retire at 40 which means that we're going to have to really tighten our belts so I thought perhaps I'd splurge one last time while I'm still making money.

I decided that I would trade in the STI for a "status" car. I've been in dealerships looking at a some sweet rides but two things: I'm getting some serious second thoughts about blowing money on a car but more importantly I'm happy with the STI. I'd like to impress the neighbors and have a sunroof, leather, dead silent cabin, etc, etc but I would miss the four door utility and blasting up mountain roads in the winter. So I'm going to cancel my appt today at another dealership and instead take the STI in to get cleaned.

CN: Tempted by thoughts of getting a new upscale car but decided to keep STI.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What makes no sense is that the IS 350 doesn't come with AWD, only the 250??? I do like the BMW 328xi sedan but like I posted, I'm enjoying the STI so the trade doesn't make sense for me.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
If you're happy with the STi keep it. If it ain't broke don't fix it! However, it would be nice to have a luxury second car...

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I keep going thru the same thing.

When I owned my prelude, I swore I'd never buy another "boy racer" car, and get an Audi, BMW or something....but then I bought an s2000, then my STi.

So much for that.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.