IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1403 Posts

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you have a question about products, application, or anything regarding detailing or cleaning your car please feel free to post it in here.

We will do our best to answer your question or better yet other members can chime in. There are more ways than one to do things in most situations.

Thanks,
Phil
Detailer's Domain

Update:

How to navigate - Detailer's Domain

Take a look you can do quite a bit on our site

Did you know -
- You can register at Detailer's Domain to get updates on your orders, order history, and create a wish list.
- You can Like Us on Facebook
- You can Follow Us on Twitter
- You can visit our Blog for news on detailing, see our detailing write ups, and more.
- We now have the Deal of the Day as well
- Also please subscribe to our mailing list to get exclusive deals and updates

·
Registered
450 Posts
ok um overspray..............

I work in a industrial area, and I have gotten noticable amount of overspray on my car from a nearby business that does collision reapir on semi's. Over the year that I've had my car it is has been accumulating. You can't really see it at all cause My car is silver(UGM) but I can feel it. I have tried clay barring, but get frustrated because I takes a really really really long time and alot of pressure to get it perfectly smooth( I'm talking like 10 minutes to get a 3"x 3" area done). And because of the overspray the waxing doesn't look good or feel smooth at all.........even with multiple coats.

What is a good method of removing really fine overspray..........something that is pehaps non abrasive? And What is a good wax that will last a long time in a dusty and dirty town.

Also I use meguires clay bar,Zymol wax,and meguires gold class car wash.

I want to get it off and put a bunch off coats of wax.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok you probably have to go with a medium grade clay bar like the Adam's Grey one we sell and tons of clay lube.

Then after that give the car a nice polish like Einszett Paint Polish if you are doing it by hand and either Einszett Glanz for long lasting protection and ease of use!

If you have any more questions drop me a line but pretty much a more aggressive clay bar will be your best route.

Here is the link to the clay bar kit:
http://detailersdomain.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=19

Einszett Paint Polish:
http://detailersdomain.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=35
Einszett Glanz Wax:
http://detailersdomain.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=34

·
Premium Member
1,965 Posts
Ok, here's one. Whats a good way to get old wax from around emblems, logos, and off of plastics? I see you tape everything off... which is brilliant - I feel dumb for not thinking of that.

Also, what areas do you service? Do you travel or does the customer bring the car to you.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would use a detail spray and spritz it on the emblem/logos where the wax/polish maybe stuck then take a very very soft brush and brush lightly to remove the excess /old wax.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
ok.. this is sort of same question as above.

i don't know if you have worked on STI's or not but towards the rear end of the car (truck and rear bumper) typically gets covered by these orange rusty type of particles. I believe these come out of the exhaust and somehow gets embeded on the rear section of the car because of the aerodynamic effect of the STI wing. I tried clay baring the crap out of this sections but some of them just don't come off! what options do i have? different grade clay bars? is that the only option i have? any pre-caution i should take while using these different grade clay bars? thanks

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
after touching up your car from chips and stuff with the dealers touch up paint....what can i use to remove acess paint or make it more smooth? is this a detailing question? lol

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Magic clay makes a blue, and a red. Red is more agressive and should help with those more stubborn rear specs that don't come out. Don't use the red bar in general... follow the basic rule of auto paint care when claying just like polishing, and that is always use the least abrassive product needed to get the job done.

magic clay blue = use as often as you like
magic clay red = only on select stubborn spots

-HC

1 - 20 of 1403 Posts