STi / WRX Impreza drivers who are residing in or coming from ASEAN countries are welcome to discuss anything that should be discussed here
Hello AliALI said:oh btw, kave. maybe you know other places to buy aftermarket performance parts in spore? verasamy road?
Hello!jamolie said:I'm originally from singapore. but live in the states. I have a white/gold 05 STi. kave, post pics of your car. are there lots of shops for STI carparts in singapore?
ALI said:i have been to Singapore to buy some performance parts for my STi last year. sure Singapore has many performance shop like GarageR, McWell Ventures, Cartronics, etc. the best shop for me is McWell Ventures. i cant remember where it is exactly. the person, ah lee (i guess) was so nice to me. i even told by him that at that time, another STI indo customer trying to get part for his STi. he also said his boss is also driving a track-driven heavily modified STi. Cartronics is run by a japanese woman - kimiko. she was also nice, everything is JDM. but unfortunately, she 'encouraged' me to buy her syms downpipe, which is, without my knowledge, a wrx DP! catless but smaller bellmouth design and design for 5-spd. then again everything else was fine. another shop i went to was GarageR. in Paya Ubi? or Paya Lebar? if i am not mistaken. FIRST. the shop/store is very nice. you can buy almost everything there (zerosports/syms,GReddy,Defi/CUSCO/etc). i can see track cars being serviced, modified (about 10 cars). SECOND. i guess they sell their things according to JPYen as the guy has to convert the price tag to SGD everytime. but the thing that turn this haven up side down is the salesperson. i can remember his name but his pic is in the GarageR website. he was so annoying. he was rude to me. before going there, people here in my country mentioned that GarageR will not be nice to me if i am going to spend like hundreds $ or less. but i didnot buy it. but eventually it is true. as a tourist and customer, i need to be respected. but he was very ........ people here said he will be nice if you are going to spend thousands. nuff said.
bottom line is - singapore is the nearest country that offers a lot of option for people like me. the country is small so location between shops is ok. i dunno about KL.
regarding SG STi. i dunno. ours are Australian spec. minimum RON is RON98 (but here we only have RON97). while JDM's minimum RON is RON100. err.. I guess kave, yours is like mine - australian version - EJ20, no DCCD, sidemarkers, but if you refer to your manual book, you will know either yours is Oz or UK version if not JDM. just refer to the speedometers' page. the manual will show you how the Uk type look like.
before the car import tax was lowered here, our subaru dealer imports UK type WRX (due to the fact that STi was over $100K - $ SGD = BND) but now, the STi is around 60K. hehe. i read in singapore magazines that STi is $120K?
one suggestion to you kave: (i dunno if this will affect your STi's warranty). try to mod the handling performance or the look first. here are the list:
1. lower springs (but Spore roads are much better than ours, so coil-over is better yet expensive) - preferably Eibach. hey wait a minute. i also know the guy who said their shop is the dealer of eibach - ah ming from i dunno. the area where his shop is now also sells general parts but i used to buy performance parts for my SEAT COrdoba there. last year i contacted him either they can get me the eibach set but he is very honest. he said he couldnt confirm my spec so he cant sell it to me.
2. lightweight front and rear strut bar
3. lightweight front and rear sway bar
4. any bars that will improve handling
5. fill-up your tyres with nitrogen gas - this helps so much!
6. coat your paint with KLASSE AIO and then Meguirs NXT.
7. service your differential and gear box oil (I did it when i clocked 20K km)
8. maybe you can install pressure and temp gauges.
9. ICE? (i am not interested in ICE)
10. lightweight rims (same size with stock) perhaps?
11. brake lines (i got it from McWell ventures)
12. tint maybe?
i guess the things will not affect your warranty.