IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
STi / WRX Impreza drivers who are residing in or coming from ASEAN countries are welcome to discuss anything that should be discussed here :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
deep in the warm tropical rainforest of the paradise island of Borneo. Nepal is not an ASEAN member. ASEAN = assocsiation of SOUTH EAST ASIAN nations

member country's dealer usually imports JDM STi or Australasia version of STi. :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
I'm originally from singapore. but live in the states. I have a white/gold 05 STi. kave, post pics of your car. are there lots of shops for STI carparts in singapore?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have been to Singapore to buy some performance parts for my STi last year. sure Singapore has many performance shop like GarageR, McWell Ventures, Cartronics, etc. the best shop for me is McWell Ventures. i cant remember where it is exactly. the person, ah lee (i guess) was so nice to me. i even told by him that at that time, another STI indo customer trying to get part for his STi. he also said his boss is also driving a track-driven heavily modified STi. Cartronics is run by a japanese woman - kimiko. she was also nice, everything is JDM. but unfortunately, she 'encouraged' me to buy her syms downpipe, which is, without my knowledge, a wrx DP! catless but smaller bellmouth design and design for 5-spd. then again everything else was fine. another shop i went to was GarageR. in Paya Ubi? or Paya Lebar? if i am not mistaken. FIRST. the shop/store is very nice. you can buy almost everything there (zerosports/syms,GReddy,Defi/CUSCO/etc). i can see track cars being serviced, modified (about 10 cars). SECOND. i guess they sell their things according to JPYen as the guy has to convert the price tag to SGD everytime. but the thing that turn this haven up side down is the salesperson. i can remember his name but his pic is in the GarageR website. he was so annoying. he was rude to me. before going there, people here in my country mentioned that GarageR will not be nice to me if i am going to spend like hundreds $ or less. but i didnot buy it. but eventually it is true. as a tourist and customer, i need to be respected. but he was very ........ people here said he will be nice if you are going to spend thousands. nuff said.

bottom line is - singapore is the nearest country that offers a lot of option for people like me. the country is small so location between shops is ok. i dunno about KL.

·
Registered
13 Posts
ALI said:
oh btw, kave. maybe you know other places to buy aftermarket performance parts in spore? verasamy road?
Hello Ali
Depends, i would go to the Ubi/Paya Laba area to check out performance parts. IMHO, Verasamy area seems to be mostly for general spare parts.

What are you looking for?

Kave

·
Registered
13 Posts
jamolie said:
I'm originally from singapore. but live in the states. I have a white/gold 05 STi. kave, post pics of your car. are there lots of shops for STI carparts in singapore?
Hello!

there are differences between the STi in Sg and US. The Sg STi is 2liter compare to 2.5L for US. In addition, we do not have the DCCD adjustment switch but do have side markers. i'm probably guessing Sg STi is probably closer to JDM. Maybe Ali can confirm...

I'll post pics when i get my hands on a digital camera!

Later
Kave

·
Registered
13 Posts
ALI said:
i have been to Singapore to buy some performance parts for my STi last year. sure Singapore has many performance shop like GarageR, McWell Ventures, Cartronics, etc. the best shop for me is McWell Ventures. i cant remember where it is exactly. the person, ah lee (i guess) was so nice to me. i even told by him that at that time, another STI indo customer trying to get part for his STi. he also said his boss is also driving a track-driven heavily modified STi. Cartronics is run by a japanese woman - kimiko. she was also nice, everything is JDM. but unfortunately, she 'encouraged' me to buy her syms downpipe, which is, without my knowledge, a wrx DP! catless but smaller bellmouth design and design for 5-spd. then again everything else was fine. another shop i went to was GarageR. in Paya Ubi? or Paya Lebar? if i am not mistaken. FIRST. the shop/store is very nice. you can buy almost everything there (zerosports/syms,GReddy,Defi/CUSCO/etc). i can see track cars being serviced, modified (about 10 cars). SECOND. i guess they sell their things according to JPYen as the guy has to convert the price tag to SGD everytime. but the thing that turn this haven up side down is the salesperson. i can remember his name but his pic is in the GarageR website. he was so annoying. he was rude to me. before going there, people here in my country mentioned that GarageR will not be nice to me if i am going to spend like hundreds $ or less. but i didnot buy it. but eventually it is true. as a tourist and customer, i need to be respected. but he was very ........ people here said he will be nice if you are going to spend thousands. nuff said.

bottom line is - singapore is the nearest country that offers a lot of option for people like me. the country is small so location between shops is ok. i dunno about KL.

Thanks for the info bro! looks like you know the shops better than i do!

I've not look into buying aftmkt parts (yet) as my car is still cherry and would not want to void the warranty. but will certainly look into them once i've cross the dateline. only reading up on local and malaysian car tune mags to get a sense of whats going on in our Asian scene. our draconian traffic storm troopers are pretty anal about modded cars so we tend to buy the parts here and race in Johore's race track Pasir Gudang in Malaysia.

Ironically, my biz is also automotive but only in air conditioning parts. however i do know the Eibach distributor....

later
kave

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hehe..

regarding SG STi. i dunno. ours are Australian spec. minimum RON is RON98 (but here we only have RON97). while JDM's minimum RON is RON100. err.. I guess kave, yours is like mine - australian version - EJ20, no DCCD, sidemarkers, but if you refer to your manual book, you will know either yours is Oz or UK version if not JDM. just refer to the speedometers' page. the manual will show you how the Uk type look like.

before the car import tax was lowered here, our subaru dealer imports UK type WRX (due to the fact that STi was over $100K - $ SGD = BND) but now, the STi is around 60K. hehe. i read in singapore magazines that STi is $120K?

one suggestion to you kave: (i dunno if this will affect your STi's warranty). try to mod the handling performance or the look first. here are the list:

1. lower springs (but Spore roads are much better than ours, so coil-over is better yet expensive) - preferably Eibach. hey wait a minute. i also know the guy who said their shop is the dealer of eibach - ah ming from i dunno. the area where his shop is now also sells general parts but i used to buy performance parts for my SEAT COrdoba there. last year i contacted him either they can get me the eibach set but he is very honest. he said he couldnt confirm my spec so he cant sell it to me.
2. lightweight front and rear strut bar
3. lightweight front and rear sway bar
4. any bars that will improve handling
5. fill-up your tyres with nitrogen gas - this helps so much!
6. coat your paint with KLASSE AIO and then Meguirs NXT.
7. service your differential and gear box oil (I did it when i clocked 20K km)
8. maybe you can install pressure and temp gauges.
9. ICE? (i am not interested in ICE)
10. lightweight rims (same size with stock) perhaps?
11. brake lines (i got it from McWell ventures)
12. tint maybe?

i guess the things will not affect your warranty.

·
Registered
13 Posts
ALI said:
hehe..

regarding SG STi. i dunno. ours are Australian spec. minimum RON is RON98 (but here we only have RON97). while JDM's minimum RON is RON100. err.. I guess kave, yours is like mine - australian version - EJ20, no DCCD, sidemarkers, but if you refer to your manual book, you will know either yours is Oz or UK version if not JDM. just refer to the speedometers' page. the manual will show you how the Uk type look like.

before the car import tax was lowered here, our subaru dealer imports UK type WRX (due to the fact that STi was over $100K - $ SGD = BND) but now, the STi is around 60K. hehe. i read in singapore magazines that STi is $120K?

one suggestion to you kave: (i dunno if this will affect your STi's warranty). try to mod the handling performance or the look first. here are the list:

1. lower springs (but Spore roads are much better than ours, so coil-over is better yet expensive) - preferably Eibach. hey wait a minute. i also know the guy who said their shop is the dealer of eibach - ah ming from i dunno. the area where his shop is now also sells general parts but i used to buy performance parts for my SEAT COrdoba there. last year i contacted him either they can get me the eibach set but he is very honest. he said he couldnt confirm my spec so he cant sell it to me.
2. lightweight front and rear strut bar
3. lightweight front and rear sway bar
4. any bars that will improve handling
5. fill-up your tyres with nitrogen gas - this helps so much!
6. coat your paint with KLASSE AIO and then Meguirs NXT.
7. service your differential and gear box oil (I did it when i clocked 20K km)
8. maybe you can install pressure and temp gauges.
9. ICE? (i am not interested in ICE)
10. lightweight rims (same size with stock) perhaps?
11. brake lines (i got it from McWell ventures)
12. tint maybe?

i guess the things will not affect your warranty.
WUP!
my engine is the EJ207 model. however, its not the australia model. according to my manual, the aussie model has its turn signal on the right and wiper left of the steering wheel whereas the sg STi is the opposite. i can't really tell if my STi is UK or JDM too, coz the all the speedometers featured in the manual have the DCCD configuration. my minimum octane is 98 ROn, so maybe UK?

sigh..ouch, yes i bought my STi at SGD120. however, the prices has dropped from a year ago of around 130 to 140k...so i can say i bought it at a 'relatively' good price.

modding
Currently, i've got only a SAGE CF front sway bar given to me by the dealer. thinking of adding the rear sway and lowering using Eibach coilovers (from Hotwheels now known as Alfa Sportivo).

thanks for the recommendation, would certainly consider your mods. so far, i've sound damped the doors, ICed, tinted the car. the car came with the oil pressure/temp and turbo boost gauges too.

as for AIO and wax, did more than that. personally detailed the car with AIO, 3 coats of SG and followed by a coat of Meguiars clearcoat carnuba wax. the ride is gleaming!

It must be sooo fun driving in Brueni eh? you got much places to 'test' the limits of STi or the roads! in Sg, the storm troopers would be all over my a$$ if i go over the limit by 20kmh. besides, there's not much places in SG to test the limits anyway.

WIll get back to you on the APS parts, gonna ask around and check the market.

have a good weekend bro!
kave

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it must be a UK model since UK model has turn signal "device" on the left.

as addition to my suggestion, why dont you add simple lips to your STi's front and rear end? i bet you have cheaper option there in Spore. btw, i am trying to get the V limited front lip but it seems too expensive here. a friend bought the lip (copied/replica) in Spore for SGD$200+. the original one here is about SGD$800. my advice to you, if you dont want the storm troopers to notice, just install the STi brand lips. oh.. btw, is SAGE brand any good? (fuel pressure regulator, etc?)

·
Registered
13 Posts
ALi said:
this room is so empty, i can hear my echo..co co co

sorry i can't help u wif the parts feedback coz ive not tried em yet.

say, r u in UK now? i'll be going sometime in jul/aug.

later
kave

·
Registered
452 Posts
whats up fellas... i'm frm SG in So cal right now... 05 STi .. OBP... just thought i'm chime in as well!! ....

so far... for my mods...

Zerosports intake,radiator shroud,strut bars, sway bars, turboback,
Poltec Endlinks,
JDM "tuned by Arai" Pink Springs,
Gruppe-S CF vlimited style lip
Defi BF amber(boost,EGT and Oil press)
Dyno tuned ECUTEK relflash from Harman Motive

.. think thats abt it.. going back to Sg this June and try and scout for ARC FMT intercooler and some tein goodies...!!

·
Registered
493 Posts
1 - 20 of 92 Posts