IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my 07 STI LTD yesterday. It had 5mi on the clock and is UGM. No options and purchased under MSRP. I and my family have purchased 6 Subaru's from the same dealer. A few observations after only 35mi in the car. The paint, UGM, is more metalic than the 06 SMG it replaces and slightly lighter. Love the lip and the rear spoiler. It was a little cool to try the moon roof yesterday. BTW, what ever happened to sun roofs? Driving the car; the stearing seems lighter and the car has less of a tendancy to follow the imperfections in the road. The 06 was sometimes a handfull on potholed and ridged mountain roads. This car has none of those behaviors. It may be due the recommended tire pressures of 35/28. I don't remember the 06 F/R balance to be so different. The radio does nothing for me, it will be replaced with a Z1 with NAV & XM. I am leaving the BT off this time as I was very disappointed with the sound quality. This car is definately quiter than the 06, maybe now I will get to enjoy the sounds from that expensive head unit. The interior is excellent. The leather seats seem somewhat narrower that the cloth. I will appreciate the heat this winter. We were the coldest spot in the nation last night at 19! Time to get the Blizzaks out of storage. The passthru will be convenient for skis and other long items. Someone mentioned concerns about the black interior being too dark. The moonroof makes the car much brighter and you don't even notice the all black interior which I prefer over the blue. I will continue to post my observations after I get through the dreaded breakin period. I would like to hear from other LTD owners about their experiences.

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
ejnoy the car, nice color BTW

·
Registered
297 Posts
I sat in one last night at a local dealer. As an '04 owner I can tell you those '07 seats are DEFINITELY narrower and more comfortable than the blue/black '04 seats. The UGM is a stunning color in person, much cooler (with a blueish tint) in tone than the outgoing SGM which is too warm for me.

My '04 is in great shape, paid off, low miles, fast and beautiful, BUT, I really fell in love with the LTD after seeing it in person last night. I just have to decide now whether I want to continue modding the '04, or pony up the 13K cash difference between my '04 trade and the '07 sticker.

Congrats on the LTD. It is truly a hot car.

·
Registered
13,608 Posts
The Limited is awesome!

·
Registered
13,137 Posts
I'll take dibs on the pass-through seat!!

·
Registered
619 Posts
pics!
do you come to reno much, just wondering since i live in reno.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I may part out the radio so I will keep you in mind. The car is great so far. I will take some pics today and post. Not as clean as I would like, it snowed here the day I picked it up. Tahoe. BTW I go to Reno almost every Sunday for church. You may see me there. Just ordered my personalized plate from DMV, LTD 27. If you see it, it is me.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts