IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Specialty Alignment shop in Kansas City?

Hi,

This is my first post. I was driving around Scottsdale in Arizona and I came across a nice blue STI. Its license plate was "STI WRC". Is this anyone here?

Would be great to meet up with you and check out your car.

I have red 03 Cobra with license that says "IFASTER". Would've liked to run against you but you looked like you were busy on the phone.

Hope to see you around.

Thanks

·
Registered
282 Posts
DCCD???

Hey, one of the S/C Mustangs... nice car.

I've got a silver/silver and I'm in Chandler. I've seen a blue on in Tempe but I'm not 100% sure it was an STi (I just saw the spoiler).

I don't think you'll have a problem beating an STi in a straight line. You'll definitely have no problem if you've got mods. I was thinking about one of those.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Fhqwhqads,

I'll keep an eye out for ya. See you around :) I am sometimes in Chandler on weekends near Ray Rd and around the Chandler Mall.

EDIT: let me know if you ever plan to visit the Scottsdale Pavillions on Saturdays. I go there almost each saturday to see the cars. If you havn't been then you should definatly go. Lots of people would be interested in seeing your car.

·
Registered
282 Posts
You might just see me around.... I'm on Chandler Blvd. and rural. I've still got temp tags (from Planet Subaru) so if you see me come on up.

I haven't been to Pavillions in a few months. I'm planning on having the ECU reflashed this week, and my stereo installed next weekend, so I might be able to make it out the next Saturday. I'll let you know.

What color is your Cobra? If it's the blue, you're gonna make me jealous :). Any mods/dyno numbers? I remember being on the forums about 6-8 months ago and those bad boys were making close to 500 rwhp with full exhaust/pulley/and some type of controller. I've heard you guys are making HUGE numbers with the aftermarket blower.

Take it easy,
Alberto

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Cobra's color is called torch red. It dynoed at 454.7 rwhp and 462.1 rwtq using the following mods:

2.93" blower pulley
smaller belt
9" air filter
bassani off road x-pipe
bassani cat back
NGK TR6 spark plugs
DiabloSport Delta Chip with 2 custom tunes (91 oct and 104 oct)

Some people have been replacing the factory Eaton supercharger with a KenneBelle supercharger and making between 550 and 650 rwhp. But it is incredibly difficult to get a good tune. And the Cobra's IRS is not suited well for this amount of power. The KB costs approx $3k plus the various other things required such as installation, tuning and equipment required like oil collector, fuel/spark boosters, larger injectors, etc... brings the total amount near $6k.

Let me know if you plan on being at the pavillions and we can meet up.

Take care

·
Registered
282 Posts
ygohome said:
It dynoed at 454.7 rwhp and 462.1 rwtq using the following mods:

2.93" blower pulley
smaller belt
9" air filter
bassani off road x-pipe
bassani cat back
NGK TR6 spark plugs
DiabloSport Delta Chip with 2 custom tunes (91 oct and 104 oct)
So much horsepower, so few mods. Very nice. I was reading the svtperformance forum for a while and saw some of those numbers. I want a ride :)

I think I'll be going to Pavillions next weekend (the 18th) because I'll be having a stereo installed this weekend.

Take it easy.

Maynard,
My friend picked up a black/silver the week before I got mine but I don't think he posts (lurks mostly).

·
Registered
169 Posts
Fhqwhgads said:
I'm planning on having the ECU reflashed this week

Alberto
Alberto-

Are you sure you are getting your 04 STi ECU reflashed? I only ask because I am not aware of ECUTek releasing it yet or Cobb having one availble yet either. The only tuner I know of in Phoenix who I would trust to it would be Clark Turner as well, but maybe he has some sort of inside track with ECUTek?

Thanks

·
Registered
114 Posts
Lightweight Bumper Bracket Pic

Hey Java-STI. I have a silver/gold STI here in peoria and my best friend also here in peoria has a blue/gold STI. I really like the Black STI, I think it looks really cool. I have also seen another blue/gold on the west side but I dont know who it is. Someday we will all have to meet up.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yup, the ECU reflash was for the pinging. I've heard good things about AZScooby (Clark Turner) on Nasioc and his posts are always informative.

·
Registered
41 Posts
MAYNARD/AZ
I used to live in Peoria (79th & Cactus area). Would love to get together. Maybe some Saturday evening we could "train" out to the Pavillions? If we can find a white to tag along, we could show everyone the entire STi line.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hey Java, I live behind Albertson's at 75th and cactus. That would be great to have the whole color line on the way out to the pavillions.
Maynard/ Silver & Gold STI.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Forsale: 2004 STi Blue/Silver 1600miles $27,000.00.

Maynard, corner of 77th and Jenan was my old place. Have sent a messege to Kaktuspete on the STi site, he lives Phx and has a White. Maybe we can do the Pavillions soon.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey Maynard/AZ....Kaktuspete has never been to or heard of the Pavilions. He has plans for the next couple Saturday nights, including a trip to Firebird, but wants to check it out with us.....soon. He lives on the Eastside of town.

·
Registered
114 Posts
BLACK GOLD PICS PLZ???

Java-sti, I have never been to the pavillions, but car shows do come up if you punch scottsdale pavillions into google. I know where it is because I have poured concrete in that area. I have plans also. And I will be out of town on for Thanksgiving. After that I should be free. I have been chatting with a guy at Bob Bondurant's, I am thinking about taking a course after Christmas, they will let us take our STI'S on the track and teach us how to drive them right. Maybe we can get a group discount.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Maynard/AZ...There is a dyno day at Dyno-Comp this Saturday. Kaktuspete is taking his White to Firebird Saturday evening, and some others are planning the trip as well. I would be interested in the driving course. Pavilions is fun. Lots of cars to look at and plenty of people asking questions about your car. I talked to the sales manager of Camelback Subaru last Saturday. He wants to go with us to the Pavilions when we take all four colors out. Wants to bring a canopy, bottled water to pass out and a new STi for people to look at, climb into etc.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sounds good, I will get with the the blue sti and find out what Saturday will be best for him. I will aim for the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I have out of town company this weekend. And I also have to have a rear brake fixed. Metal to metal sound on one wheel with a slight rotor groove. Not good with only 5000 miles. It should be covered by warranty.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Bondurant is a blast. Did the 3-day course about 4 years ago and it was awesome. They let me bring my Camaro SS on the little autocross course, and when the class ended, my instructor let me take my SS onto the rear track all by myself.

I might be able to do an Advanced course sometime soon which would be great. I've been outta the sports car scene for a couple years so I gotta get re-adjusted :)

I need to hurry up and install my gauges and the rest of my stereo. When I get that done, I'll meet up with you guys at Pavillions.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts