IW STi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got some RE92's mounted(they were free) to auto-x on this weekend. I'm trying to preserve th RE70's. Anyhow this is the first time the tires have been off the rims. Where the factory balanceing weights were on the lip is a perfectly square spot of missing paint. Not sure if the factory did it or Discount did. Just checking to see if anyone else has had this problem or even heard of it.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
ya my rims are scratched cause of freakin firestone doing my wheels like crap. They gave me the "new guy" on a 3k$ set of wheels and a 30k$ car... pisssed me off tremendously... that and they removed the weights on the outside, so now i have scratches and 2 holes in each tire.. o well, least its hard to notice.

Robert~

·
Registered
142 Posts
I make it perfectly clear to the manager that he understands that they are responsible for any damage and the cost of the replacement of the wheels.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
I had to take mine to America's Tire Co. (Discount Tire Co for those in CA, I believe) because Les Schwaab didn't have any studless tires in the original size and I was worried about it, but they got the RE70's off and the Alpin's on without scratching anything. I saw an H2, an expensive looking Audi of some kind, and a couple BMW's being worked on, so apparently they are used to expensive cars there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts