IW STi Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
2015 STi Limited
14 Posts
Yes and no. You can still tune with it. But most tuners won’t touch it unless it’s routed back into the downpipe before the cat. Venting to atmosphere and routing after the cat many will see as a liability. But since it’s not disabling emissions related codes you should be able to tune for that.
I dont think my tuner cares, I really dont. I have no intentions of routing it back into the DP, and Ohio doesnt do emissions. Im just bumping up to an FP Black while we wait to go Motec/G35-900 in the late Spring. Im not/wouldnt be willing to switch tuning strategies one more time when Im so close after already spending so much money.

· Registered
2,142 Posts
I dont think my tuner cares, I really dont. I have no intentions of routing it back into the DP, and Ohio doesnt do emissions. Im just bumping up to an FP Black while we wait to go Motec/G35-900 in the late Spring. Im not/wouldnt be willing to switch tuning strategies one more time when Im so close after already spending so much money.
True. All depends on the tuner. Most see it as a liability to them/their shop which is why most will not, regardless of state emissions laws. Talk to the tuner to double check but I’m 99% sure so long as you have all emissions related items in tact you can still tune for ewg

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Here is a partial list of what I've done and what I'm moving forwards with.... All with a tune of course and even this isn't a complete list.

Installed items
Grimmspeed TMIC
Grimmspeed Intercooler Y-Pipe
Grimmspeed Downpipe
Grimmspeed Chase 400 Turbocharger
Grimmspeed Unequal Length Headers
Grimmspeed Up-Pipe
Grimmspeed Catback Exhaust system
Grimmspeed Pitch Stop Mount
Grimmspeed AOS
ID 1050 injectors
AEM Fuel Pump
Cobb V3 Access port
Whiteline Front and rear sway-bar kit
Olins Coilovers
Products to be added
Fuel rail and upgraded fuel line kit
ACT Clutch
High-capacity oil pan and pickup
Mishimoto Radiator

· Registered
2,142 Posts
Here is a partial list of what I've done and what I'm moving forwards with.... All with a tune of course and even this isn't a complete list.

Installed items
Grimmspeed TMIC
Grimmspeed Intercooler Y-Pipe
Grimmspeed Downpipe
Grimmspeed Chase 400 Turbocharger
Grimmspeed Unequal Length Headers
Grimmspeed Up-Pipe
Grimmspeed Catback Exhaust system
Grimmspeed Pitch Stop Mount
Grimmspeed AOS
ID 1050 injectors
AEM Fuel Pump
Cobb V3 Access port
Whiteline Front and rear sway-bar kit
Olins Coilovers
Products to be added
Fuel rail and upgraded fuel line kit
ACT Clutch
High-capacity oil pan and pickup
Mishimoto Radiator
not to sound like a dick again. But I’d adjust a few of those parts.
The grimmspeed aos is not that great honestly, skip that and go with either iag or killer b. Killer b is on here and I’d be surprised if they didn’t have data to back up reasoning of why theirs is better.
Skip the mishimoto radiator and go with koyorad or csf, they are both more efficient and better for cooling.
Pending how much power that puts out, the oem tmic may be more than sufficient killer b has proven the oem tmic holds well into the 400s better than almost all aftermarket ones, I think spearco was the only one they said outperformed oem. Again they do have data to back this up.
Last is the header. I understand some people prefer the sound of uel, but literally everything else is better with equal lengths, better power, torque, spool, reliability with keeping heat off passenger side cylinders, better drivability because the exhaust flow is so much smoother. I wouldn’t have believed it till I experienced it myself, but sound is the only thing you “lose” and sound is subjective.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
so I've heard on the Headers, i will more than likely switch them out for the equal length which is what i thought i was getting until i read that they were not upon arrival, as for your other suggestions i will look into them. I really wasn't too stuck on the Grimmspeed AOS anyhow but thanks for the information

21 - 26 of 26 Posts