IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It ( "Platinum" from Fidelity ) raised my payment quite a bit.

Warranty yes?
warranty no way?

I have other questions, basic stuff. Is separate threads ok or all in one?

·
Registered
928 Posts
october said:
It ( "Platinum" from Fidelity ) raised my payment quite a bit.

Warranty yes?
warranty no way?

I have other questions, basic stuff. Is separate threads ok or all in one?
Keep your questions seperate if they don't relate to one another, that way if someone in the future has a similiar question their search will be more efficient. That being said if the answers are short and related to one another ask them all in one thread.

I'm willing to bet a few searches with give you a more timely response than waiting for people to respond. Your questions have probably been asked before. I responded to your mpg thread without saying welcome...so welcome to the board...search is your friend.

·
/////////
8,448 Posts
No way in a million years would I buy extended warranty!

Oh and welcome to the boards and yes search is your friend.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
May I ask the reasoning behind "no"?

Ikon said:
no dont do it... and welcome
Why? The odds are high enough that nothing of high expense, like powertrain, is going to breakdown, OR the warranty is shoddy?

·
Premium Member
4,081 Posts
I guess it all boils down to IF you are going to be modifying the vehicle or not, in order to be able to take full advantage of the extended warranty once something does decide to fail. But being that your sig. reads "2005 STi Bone Stock" I guess I dont see why it wouldn't be to your best interest not to purchase this extended warranty. Of course granted you get it for a really good deal. Although things may change within a few years when you start to think your STi may need a few extra Ponies ;) ...

·
Premium Member
3,199 Posts
It was pointless for my to get the extended warranty. I passed 36K in the first year and am on target to do that again this year. So I would be out of warranty well before the 5yrs were up.

Plus i want to do some modding.

·
Registered
451 Posts
i bought the 6yr 80,000 miles because i put a lot of miles on my car and i didnt think i could afford to mod it for at least 2 years.

my car is 10 months old, and i have 20,000 miles on it. adn i feel a lot better that if my car does something carzy next year (after 36,000) that it will still be under warranty.

i bought it for the mileage, not for the time.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
austinpike said:
If you do get one, shop around. There is huuuuge markup on those, and you may be able to get one online for much less than what your local dealer wants.

here is one source, though from what I recall these guys used to be marked down even more from the prices they show now.

http://www.subaruwrxparts.com/security.html
Thanks

I understand warranty companies are notorious infamous for ripping us off= not all warranty co are the same. I heard my company, fidelity is ok????
Is this next question within bounds. Can I add Cobb and fool the warranty/dealer, by what, putting it back to stock?

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Cars have Warranties!??! jk Those warranties have way too much small print sometimes be carefull and talk to the service manager.

·
Premium Member
4,416 Posts
Most dealers will automagically tell you that the powertrain part is not covered under warranty due to abuse. In no way would I ever buy the extended warranty. You will literally be washing your money down the drain (actually, that might be more productive :(). The local dealers really do absolutely suck when it comes to honoring a warranty on these cars. Granted, there are some exceptions, but they are few and far between. HOWEVER, if I were buying an STI from one of those exception dealers then I would begin considering the extended warranty.

t

·
Registered
2019 WRX
4,512 Posts
If you plan on keeping it stock then i guess, but if you plan on modding then no way.

·
Registered
127 Posts
as many other people said if you are going to stay stock for ever then yes. When I bought my Miata the dude asked me if I wanted the warranty to, I chuckled and said "dude the first free money have goes into decking this car out like mad."

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
AP????????? and still slip by with warranty?

cobb stage one? I was hoping to add this one:devil: mod!! Still keep advantages of warranty.

·
Registered
13,608 Posts
october said:
cobb stage one? I was hoping to add this one:devil: mod!! Still keep advantages of warranty.
That's the reason I kept stage 1. Nobody can tell you have it. :D

·
Registered
451 Posts
lal said:
I would only buy the Subaru Extended warranty in that it is backed by Subaru
+ eleventy billion.

i looked into a bunch of other companies on my old car. dont' waste your time with any other warranty...even local dealer warrantys. because if you are on teh road you're SOL

1 - 20 of 20 Posts