IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read a few posts now that say people are thinking the seats are narrower for the 07s. Could this be true or is it that the seats are just new and feel more bolstered since they have not been sat in more then a hand full of times? I guess the posts have been about the limited but I doubt the limited has totally ground up redesigned seats compared to sti and wrx.

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
Dragicon said:
the limited i sat in the other the other day felt exactly the same.... smelled leathery though

Damnit.... just when I thought we had a chance at USDM seats that work better.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just picked up my 07 STI limited. Coming from an 02 WRX, my first impression when I sat down in the 07 was that the seats seemed a little narrower to me! Which is a good thing, considering my skinny butt! But I can't directly compare the 07 STI seats to the previous STI's because I haven't spent enough time in the previous versions. It could be my imagination anyway... Maybe I was just expecting the leather seats to hold me LESS firmly in place.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I sat in one last night. I felt that there is a bit more padding on both the sides and back. This may only be due to a thicker material with the leather. (by bit I mean not much) However this doesn't equate to a better feel in my opinion. since the back is also a bit thicker as well, I felt that I didn't sink into the seat as much and thus the sides didn't hold me as well. I am coming from an 04, so it may only be my padding has gone down. I would say that combine new padding with thicker material gives the "narrower" (different, not better) feeling some have said.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
update I sat in a limited today and I actually think the seats hold you less then our seats. They are definitely not narrower and because you slide on the leather I can only imagine how much I would be flying around if I really got on it. I pulled my car up next to the limited and got in and out of each car back and forth a few times trying to slide my rear end and trunk around to see how much movement I could get. I also believe they are softer, as in softer foam under the leather then ours. So my conclusion is standard STI seats from Canada (seat heaters) FTW.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
^^ Sure, you're just jealous ;) ;) ;)

But, I'm 99% sure that I read on the LTD spec sheet that the seats themselves were exactly the same build, materials, foam etc. The only difference being, the non-LTD was covered in Alcantra, the LTD was covered in Black leather.

I find it really surprising that you'd think they were softer... considering the leather was new (tight) and the same material under the leather... weird.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
WhyteSTI said:
^^ Sure, you're just jealous ;) ;) ;)

But, I'm 99% sure that I read on the LTD spec sheet that the seats themselves were exactly the same build, materials, foam etc. The only difference being, the non-LTD was covered in Alcantra, the LTD was covered in Black leather.

I find it really surprising that you'd think they were softer... considering the leather was new (tight) and the same material under the leather... weird.
nah not jealous at all. Ok well I am jealous of the white pearl paint on that thing it was very nice. I don't know why the seats felt soft. I do know that car manufacturers use different quality leathers and the japanese tend to use cheaper stuff/thin on most lower priced cars so that could be the reason. I don't think the leather really is going to feel as stiff as a new Benz, BMW, or Volvo which seem to use thicker sturdier leathers. It was certainly a nice car, I am definitely not knocking it at all I just thought the seats were not narrower and they felt soft. If I am not mistaken that seems to be a general theme for the limited "softer" for the "more refined" buyer. I did get into a discussion with a sales rep which was interesting. He knew more about it then I would assume sales guys normally would. He even knew about the sodium filled exhaust valves being tossed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.