IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I check every year the value of the 2007 impreza STI, and I just keep noticing the car has actually appreciated in value, e.i., my '07 with 66K and in very condition is KBB-valued at abt $28Gs. What the heck! Could this model possibly become a collection item even though I still personally think it lacks some reliability.
I never raced my car nor performed any further mods besides the traditional COBB Stage 2, but I was one of the many that suffered from overheating and consequently Head warpping.

Anybody with news abt appreciation of this model year?
peace out

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
I bought my 06 in 2009 and by the end of 2010 I noticed prices were starting to climb, so I never modded the car the way I was eventually going to. I stopped at a catback and cobb accessport stage 1 93 tune.

These cars are in fact collectors items now..the 06 and 07 seem to be the most sought after. I think after the next gen STI comes out the 06 and 07 prices are going to go up even more, even if the next gen has more power and other surpising upgrades. The last 2 year GD models are going to keep going up across the board but mostly stock cars will be the highest appreciating.

·
Premium Member
See about
6,158 Posts
:) :) :) My 05 must be worth more - it's had longer to appreciate!

( I'll keep it as a retirement investment, it would be nice to get some of the money out of it one day after all the money I've sunk into it)

Don't get me wrong. I loved a 325is, but I loved it when I was driving and when I sold her.
My GD is the only car I've ever looked forward to driving for driving sake (not just riding) pretty much each and every day.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yes 06 -07 sti's are selling at ridicules retail prices in dealerships. if the milage is low and in mostly stock condition.
But I've seen some dealers sell primo sti's at very reasonable prices also.
Allot has to do with location . What part of the country you live highly dictates price .
In autotrader there's 07 sti limited 13800 + miles
Selling price is 36.888

·
Super Moderator
10,730 Posts
Ran my '04 thru KBB - WoW........are they for real?

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
04's and 05's are appreciating as well, they seemed to bottom out last year and I think they went lower than the 06 and 07's did or will. They are appreciating from a higher starting point than the 04 05's. But the early GD's are going up as well, so get em while you can before they get out of reach. Any GD with low miles, one or 2 owners and very little mods will stay between 20-25,000, they could go even higher in several years depending on other factors that influence the market for these cars. But ya I'd be willing to invest in one now and take the bet that they'll hold and increase in value.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wow, I just checked KBB on a whim because of this thread. After putting on 2500 miles since I bought it in June, my 07 Sti is actually worth about 2400 more than I paid for it!!!:eek:

It's almost a shame that I have about 30k worth of mods planned for this car. On the upside, besides rolling the fenders almost everything else can be returned to stock if I decide to sell it, so that's a plus.

JK, I'll be in my grave way before I even think of selling my car.

·
Super Moderator
10,730 Posts
Is that surprise, or disappointment?
Surprised as the last time I ran it last year in April it was like $14k on KBB, now close to $30k top price. Run a 2004 STi with 22k miles.:eek::tup::D

·
Registered
2004 Short-Wheelbase GD WRX STi
1,352 Posts
Surprised as the last time I ran it last year in April it was like $14k on KBB, now close to $30k top price. Run a 2004 STi with 22k miles.:eek::tup::D
Heh, at not even 10K miles, mine shows up at $31,600 in "excellent" condition, or $28,900 in "fair" condition. :lol: However, we all know that my car is not in any of those condition ratings... maybe I should email them and ask how much for the "cut in half and thouroughly raped" condition! ;)

Anyhow, in Canada, 04-05s go for around $15K-20K, $25K for a super mint example, so I guess you guys should start looking north of the border if you don't mind the speedo in KPH! ;) Honestly though, chances that you can find a rust free 04-07 is almost non-existant... Well, mine is rust free, but ya know! :D

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
I think used car prices went up across the board over the past 5 years for most makes amd models. But cars like the STI have REALLY increased in value becuase of the exclusivity and collector/cult following...when other used car prices start to go down again, the STI and other specialty cars will hold onto those gains in value and continue to go up!

·
Registered
2004 Short-Wheelbase GD WRX STi
1,352 Posts
I think used car prices went up across the board over the past 5 years for most makes amd models. But cars like the STI have REALLY increased in value becuase of the exclusivity and collector/cult following...when other used car prices start to go down again, the STI and other specialty cars will hold onto those gains in value and continue to go up!
I reckon it might be more so if the new gen turns out to be a disappointment and/or an hairdresser express mobile.

I'll admit that I've lost almost all interest in the STi and Subaru in general since the GR came out in '08. For me, the GD is the equivalent of the muscle car era of late 60s-early 70s, I ain't interested in anything newer! Now, where's that screwdriver to tune my AFR ? Damn, it's fuel injected! :p Oh well, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a clean GC though...

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
One thing I noticed is that for last four years the registration fee on my 06 sti didnt change at all. For colorado that is calculated based on retail market value which seems to mean that they didnt lose any value. I think I have made good choice when I bought that car.

The only thing I could have done better is not buying an 05 :p.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Those cars are marked high and are still for sale...........
Just like my neighbor, trying to sell his house 50000$ more than what it's worth.... 2 years later and it's still for sale...........

Yeah you'll get the random crazy who's ready to pay that much for an 8 year old car.... but you'll have to be patient. very patient.

·
Premium Member
See about
6,158 Posts
I reckon it might be more so if the new gen turns out to be a disappointment and/or an hairdresser express mobile.

I'll admit that I've lost almost all interest in the STi and Subaru in general since the GR came out in '08. For me, the GD is the equivalent of the muscle car era of late 60s-early 70s, I ain't interested in anything newer!
Ditto! SUBARU READ THIS

Added: ok for me this is an exaggeration. I actually like the hatch. Still I bought a used GD even though I could have afforded a new car.

·
Registered
63 Posts
05, with 76k... almost 19k. Not bad.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts