IW STi Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 515 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Peter. Awesome!

Bolt on to 3.5" APS TBE for the win?! :)

·
Registered
373 Posts
I would imagine/hope that this turbo would be designed to take full advantage of 3.5 DP.

One question Peter regarding the FMI one might choose to accompany this potentially awsome setup. Would the DR750 be a better choice than the 500 due to size or would there be potentially even less lag (and weight) by going wityh the 500.

I can't wait to see what a how well tuned setup like this performs. I have been holding off to see if someone can produce big USEABLE power and I am hoping that this setup is the answer.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
stiholic anom. said:
One question Peter regarding the FMI one might choose to accompany this potentially awsome setup. Would the DR750 be a better choice than the 500 due to size or would there be potentially even less lag (and weight) by going wityh the 500.
The DR 725 FMIC would be the best weapon of choice to suit the massive air flow of the TSR 70 turbo system.:D

stiholic anom. said:
I can't wait to see what a how well tuned setup like this performs. I have been holding off to see if someone can produce big USEABLE power and I am hoping that this setup is the answer.
The twin scroll turbo system approach (twin scroll turbo combined with twin scroll headers) will definitely have faster spool than any big single entry turbocharger, fast spool with huge mass air flow is the ideal situation for high power across the entire rpm range. :)

Peter

W

·
0 Posts
I really like that turbo.

Im not familar with Twin-scroll.
what does it mean?

·
Registered
693 Posts
V5-STi said:
Any plans for a stock mount Twin scroll turbo Peter ??
sorry to intrude. Would you really think this would be a sound product? You would still need a twin scroll up-pipe at minimum. If you already had the header.

W

·
0 Posts
Wow.
I just love this turbo.
I might look into this one in a couple of years..

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
TIMELESS said:
Great looking products Peter!

This is definitely in built block territory...spool must be nice nevertheless...
The TSR 70 turbo system is definitely intended to generate some serious power/torque though no doubt the TSR 70 could be used on a fairly stock STI engine at lower boost until the owner is ready to build the engine for higher power/reliability. :naughty: :D

Peter

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
WRXSTi4life said:
I really like that turbo.

Im not familar with Twin-scroll.
what does it mean?
Twin scroll turbos (split pulse turbo) have twin entry gas ports in the turbine housing (this style of turbine housing has been used on low revving diesel trucks for many years) and are designed to produce higher boost (hence torque) than single entry turbochargers in the low to mid rpm range. :)

Peter

·
Registered
559 Posts
The TSR 70 turbo system is definitely intended to generate some serious power/torque though no doubt the TSR 70 could be used on a fairly stock STI engine at lower boost until the owner is ready to build the engine for higher power/reliability. :naughty: :D

Peter
Oh god, you just said the magic words, "...no doubt the TSR 70 could be used on a fairly stock STI engine at lower boost...". So hypothetically, let's say, someone who has an STI with an APS super sprint spec kit, and wanting to add turbo, fuel pump, injectors, etc, could potentially use a TSR 70 instead of something like an SR56, and keep low boost, but get the benefits of the twin-scroll design?

W

·
0 Posts
Twin scroll turbos (split pulse turbo) have twin entry gas ports in the turbine housing (this style of turbine housing has been used on low revving diesel trucks for many years) and are designed to produce higher boost (hence torque) than single entry turbochargers in the low to mid rpm range. :)

Peter
thanks, is that why theres two openings?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
vodka said:
Oh god, you just said the magic words, "...no doubt the TSR 70 could be used on a fairly stock STI engine at lower boost...". So hypothetically, let's say, someone who has an STI with an APS super sprint spec kit, and wanting to add turbo, fuel pump, injectors, etc, could potentially use a TSR 70 instead of something like an SR56, and keep low boost, but get the benefits of the twin-scroll design?
Depending on what style of driving/power delivery you like.:D

If you like an STI with instant boost (for say Auto X) in the low to mid rpm range then a smaller turbocharger would be ideal (SR 56 sized turbocharger), the TQR 70 will be the Ultimate turbo match for high power and torque between 4000 to 8000 rpm, more ideal for guys who really like drag racing or circuit racing where you're more often at full throttle and above 4000 rpm.

I believe that over time that APS will develop and release a number of twin scroll rotated systems with different mass air flow delivery capability (different size rotating groups, comp and turbine wheels, power and torque curves) to cater for different styles of motorsport and road applictions, all good. :tup: :)

Peter

·
Registered
559 Posts
Depending on what style of driving/power delivery you like.:D

If you like an STI with instant boost (for say Auto X) in the low to mid rpm range then a smaller turbocharger would be ideal (SR 56 sized turbocharger), the TQR 70 will be the Ultimate turbo match for high power and torque between 4000 to 8000 rpm, more ideal for guys who really like drag racing or circuit racing where you're more often at full throttle and above 4000 rpm.

I believe that over time that APS will develop and release a number of twin scroll rotated systems with different mass air flow delivery capability (different size rotating groups, comp and turbine wheels, power and torque curves) to cater for different styles of motorsport and road applictions, all good. :tup: :)

Peter
I'm definately under the circuit racing category, and daily driven category. I'm looking to build a grand touring car for road and track courses/events, but that can reliably get me to work and back day to day. I'm figuring if I keep a mild boost setup with this twin scroll it would be ideal, but that has yet to be determined since we still don't have an idea of the kind of whp a "mild boost" setting would be. For all I know, low boost with this TSR 70 could produce 500whp.:lol:

W

·
0 Posts
Diffenently keep us up to date with the Numbers and all.
I cant wait to see them. :)

41 - 60 of 515 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.