IW STi Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
361 - 380 of 515 Posts

·
Vendor
7,299 Posts
The TSR kit will be a Twin Scroll Turbo, I do not have information on turbo sizes yet. As soon as I find out I will post the information up on the boards.

Please let me know if there are other questions
Thanks
Rick

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
RallySportDirect said:
The TSR kit will be a Twin Scroll Turbo, I do not have information on turbo sizes yet. As soon as I find out I will post the information up on the boards.

Please let me know if there are other questions
Thanks
Rick
Umm the Engine thats hooked up to the TSR.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
STiSubyMan said:
Umm the Engine thats hooked up to the TSR.
Its probably a some sort of a JDM STi motor, they came with the wrinkle red magnesium valve covers.

But just out of curiosity, why do you have your mind set on one of the biggest turbo kits out there? You don't even own an STi yet...

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
BM_STi said:
Its probably a some sort of a JDM STi motor, they came with the wrinkle red magnesium valve covers.

But just out of curiosity, why do you have your mind set on one of the biggest turbo kits out there? You don't even own an STi yet...

becuase i like it?

im liking the new 450 hp one more now..

is it wrong to plan things for a car?

I know i dont own one, but if i know i will soon, wouldnt be a good to know a idea on what u want to do to it??

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
STiSubyMan said:

becuase i like it?

im liking the new 450 hp one more now..

is it wrong to plan things for a car?

I know i dont own one, but if i know i will soon, wouldnt be a good to know a idea on what u want to do to it??
Planning, theres nothin wrong with planning. But unless you have a considerable amount of money on top of what any mod costs for an STi, theres alot to know about modding. I've rarely seen everything go to plan with a project. Thats all. There's no need for me to argue...

·
I Solve Problems
18,254 Posts
Blaiser said:
i believe aps actually makes those valve covers...i may be wrong...correct me if so. but they are REALLY COOL!
STi also makes a set of magnesium red valve covers.

I was unaware APS made them but it is possible.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
T3h_Clap said:
STi also makes a set of magnesium red valve covers.

I was unaware APS made them but it is possible.
Maybe I was wrong. I knew they were Magnesium, does that count? :D

FWIW if they are made by STI, they did not come on any cars from the factory.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Ver7wannabe said:

japanparts.com sells them for about $500. they are made by sti.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ver7wannabe said:

They came standard on 22B's only ;)

Considering APS paint crinkle red on most of there parts, whats to stop them doing it to a set of standard valve covers :notsure:

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
PETER...Any info on a smaller twin scroll rotate mount? The tsr70 is a little too fat for me. Great price tho

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am from across the pond...RHD STi.

I have a built 2.5 block and have been watching this thread, i think it should be good kit and at least will fit our cars no prob.

any other info regarding comp map, spool characteristics, and Power figures???

any more info Peter

·
Registered
159 Posts
So I thought Peter was supposed to reappear on here after SEMA. SEMA has been over for over a week and we still don't have any updates on this.

I am really interested in hearing details about a smaller TSR turbo

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
CO2.5i said:
So I thought Peter was supposed to reappear on here after SEMA. SEMA has been over for over a week and we still don't have any updates on this.

I am really interested in hearing details about a smaller TSR turbo
I wouldn't expect to hear nothing until sometime in the new year re: smaller TSR's. At the moment it looks like they will be busy producing their TSR70 and sleeve bearing turbos...

·
Registered
786 Posts
A smaller version of the TSR 70 will definitely be considered for next year (maybe a TSR 55), right now we are 100% focused on TSR 70 production. :tup: Peter
So is there a wastegate included with the kit? I just got this off your site:
The TSR70 Turbocharger System is a perfect partner for the APS Twin Scroll Header and precisely matches any of the APS High Output exhaust systems.
The TSR 70 Turbocharger system connects directly to either the APS DR 725 or DR 525 front mount intercooler systems for complete ease of installation and maximum efficiency.
NOTE: An external wastegate is not included with the APS TSR 70 Turbocharger system.

Mike

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #380
gtturborex said:
So is there a wastegate included with the kit? I just got this off your site:
The TSR70 Turbocharger System is a perfect partner for the APS Twin Scroll Header and precisely matches any of the APS High Output exhaust systems.
The TSR 70 Turbocharger system connects directly to either the APS DR 725 or DR 525 front mount intercooler systems for complete ease of installation and maximum efficiency.
NOTE: An external wastegate is not included with the APS TSR 70 Turbocharger system.

Mike
Mike, The web site needs to be updated. The TSR 70 system does include a 44 Tial wastegate, I'll ask our engineering and our web guys to rectify this today, apologies for the confusion this caused. :cool: :)

Peter

361 - 380 of 515 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.