IW STi Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
321 - 340 of 515 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
I've seen this kit on a vendor website. I don't remember which vendor but it was listed at $35xx.xx. Definately not close to $2999. Does this mean it is out or is this a pre-order thing. It didn't say.

Mike

·
Registered
235 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #327

·
Registered
40 Posts
From the website above - WTF :lol:

ABOUT KINGPIN

Kingpin Unltd: From Humble Beginnings grows a champion. Long after the sweetness of a low price is gone remains the bitterness of a job poorly done. Grand Nephews of a bootlegger the original hotrodders. Grandsons of a master mechanic. Great Grandsons of a railroad engineer. These Celtic Sons have motoring in their blood. Stingy Scotts who mind the pennies and let the dollars take care of themselves. Honest men who believe that a customer deserves the best. Never ones to believe they are without fault and always willing to atone for their sins. Wise enough to know that they don’t know it all so they surround themselves with those who are the best at what they do. More willing to break a dollar then bend a moral. Where a customer is more than a chump with a buck but rather a friend we haven’t had the privilage of meeting. So the sun rises we make power. We are Kingpin.

·
Registered
235 Posts
These people are NOT authorized APS dealers so I would not recommend sourcing APS products from them. Final pricing for the TSR 70 turbo system will be announced at SEMA and the system will be on display.

Peter
Peter, I wasn't pointing people to this site to purchase the APS TSR70 kit. A member on IWSTI said he saw pricing for the kit in the $35XX.XX range on a random site. I remembered seeing it on the Kingpin site while looking for camshafts for a friends WRX.

If I was to point potential customers for the TSR70 kit to a site for purchase it would be www.xxtuning.com or I would tell them to call XX Tuning at 1-860-291-8808.

Has the release pricing for the TSR70 changed? Is the release date still in the middle of November?

Thanks for any info you can give us Peter.

·
Registered
501 Posts
BTW, I just wanted to chime in and give props to APS for a no ?'s asked swap on my header. The vendor I got it from had no issues getting it swapped.

·
Registered
777 Posts
there souldnt be a price announcement.
the price is set at 2995.00 already. are you guys asking for a higher price?
the only announcement should be that they are sending the kits out to the stores.

edit:
you guys should be trying to fight for the original price that was stated. i want this too, but I sure would not like to have to pay more for the same item stated at a lower price. 2995.00

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
949 said:
there souldnt be a price announcement.
the price is set at 2995.00 already. are you guys asking for a higher price?
the only announcement should be that they are sending the kits out to the stores.
Whaaa!? Where is the print for such price set? We need confirmation from Peter to validate such numbers and also a site where we can see an order purchase ready to go. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
126 Posts
saw it at SEMA, it was beautiful $

·
Registered
777 Posts
karr1008 said:
Whaaa!? Where is the print for such price set? We need confirmation from Peter to validate such numbers and also a site where we can see an order purchase ready to go. :rolleyes:

AND HERE IT IS! from a post much earlier on this thread.
staight from Peter at APS

Hi Guys, I now have more final info on the TSR 70 turbo system, the APS turbo system will include the following high quality components, and at a very attractive price. :)

1) A water cooled dual ball bearing turbocharger with a Ni Resist gasoline .82A/R twin scroll turbine housing with 3.5 inch V band connection, anti surge .70 A/R compressor housing (not a lower grade diesel spec twin scroll turbo housing).

2) An APS twin scroll 321 stainless up pipe with twin 321 SS flex couplings, direct mount provision for a 44 mm Tial waste gate.

3) APS down 304 stainless 3.5 '' down pipe, connects to all APS 3'' and 3.5 '' TBE systems.

4) A 44 mm Tial wastegate.

5) An APS 304 stainless steel wastegate dump pipe

6) All braided teflon oil and water fluid lines required for installation.

7) A 286 turbine stainless steel mounting hardware

8) Reinforced 4 ply nomex custom silicone compressor discharge hose - connects to the APS DR 525 and DR 725 series frount mount intercooler system.

Last but not least, all of the above will be available for the incredible price of $2995 until Jan 07, there after the price will be re evaluated for the 07 business year.

There you go guys, a very comprehensive twin scroll turbo system built from the highest grade materials possible, that should keep you all happy for a while.:tup: :D

Peter

here is the link to a store that has that price as well.

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/shop/aps-tsr-twin-scroll-rotated-mount-turbo-kit-p-2585.html?osCsid=1a7cb0d4b0cdc26560d08b532531c828

321 - 340 of 515 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.