IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Nice, this is the system I am eyeing. Let us know what you think.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like I can't attach any more files. I'll post more later.

So far great exhaust. Pretty quiet. No droning on the highway. Boost spools up faster. Just came home for lunch. Gotta go back to work.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yeah post em up! I am also looking at this exhaust system. Can you give us your thoughts on the performance, quality, fit and sound? Right now I can get the entire turbo back for $1000 bucks! Please let me know if its worth it, cause it down to this or the Turboxs turbo back system.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
hmmm I dont know if its worth it though. Everyone i've seen post about this turboback only notices one thing... that its quiet. You never hear any huge gains and whatnot. I think the best combo I've seen so far is the godspeed DP + blitz nur spec exhaust. (For sound and power). Let us know though what you think overall. (that and this combo is only going to cost me like $800).

Robert~

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
whats the name of...

KSTi said:
Yeah post em up! I am also looking at this exhaust system. Can you give us your thoughts on the performance, quality, fit and sound? Right now I can get the entire turbo back for $1000 bucks! Please let me know if its worth it, cause it down to this or the Turboxs turbo back system.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great exhaust. The sound is pretty quiet new but after a few hundred miles it gets louder. It got really nice deep throaty burble. I just plain sounds bad a$s. But when you start moving with the window up, I can't really hear it that much. Even when I get on it, it's not loud. Freeway driving - there's no droning and can barely hear it. Some exhausts that I had were just annoying after a while. Best of both worlds - quiet when you don't want to hear it and throaty when you do. Those who want really quiet - this exhaust is not for you - heard the Greddy is quieter.

Fit and finish - very good. Best I've seen is Mugen. Power is there. It's noticeable and boost kicks in much stronger but my butt dyno is not that sensitive. I can start in 2nd gear easier from a stop. If you can get this for $1K go for it. Was it worth $1300? Well, if I had to do it again, I'd put the money into suspension mods. But, since I already have it, it's awesome. One of the guys (at the shop I bought the exhaust) had an APS TB on this WRX and let me hear it and I was sold.

Godspeed DP - hear good things about it as well. Most cat-backs are decent. I just recommend listening to the one you want first. Reason, when I stopped by another shop, I heard an exhaust on a WRX that sounded plain awful.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
ya but a wrx is a 2.0L... our engines sound a pretty good bit different, but I understand what you're saying. I love blitz for all cars pretty much and they always seem to have the best sound imo. Nice pics and Im glad it worked out for you.

Robert~

·
Registered
88 Posts
That exhaust looks great! I guess I'll have to find someone in the area to get a demo on the sound. Do you think it adds the same power as the turboxs? I think they posted about 27 whp on their site. That seems like alot of power from an exhaust.

·
Registered
284 Posts
How to Hardwire your Radar Detector

Im getting the APS myself, with the high flow cat - unless something better appears at SEMA. Im relieved to know that it fits and sounds OK.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
KSTi said:
I think they posted about 27 whp on their site. That seems like alot of power from an exhaust.
heh i always love seeing that... it was always sweet seeing the DPs for the supras and stuff alone claiming 30-40rwhp and then another 10-15rwhp for a catback. I think 27whp would be pretty average for any awd turbo car with a full 3" tbe catless. As for vary in power... I dont think you will see much of one, unless you go with something really cheap.

Robert~

·
Registered
48 Posts
Nice exhaust. I am also looking very closely to APS for my TBE. Has anyone heard anything (goodor bad) about the APS racing 3,5 TBE? I called an APS dealer and was told that bigger is better with turbocharged engines. Of course the sacrifice is no cats, and I understand in some places that may be a problem. 8)

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
goto the link i posted just b4 your post and look up their 3.5" raceback... they state on website for serious aplications producing 500-600+hp...

·
Registered
48 Posts
White/Gold in Sac..

Excellent, however, I talked to someone in CA, I forgot who, who stated go with the 3.5 because bigger is better with a turbo engine. Of course there is the emissions problem for some, but I can overcome that in PR. I dont know I still want to talk to APS themselves and ask some questions before I go with 3.5 or the 3.0

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
how will you getaway with a catless system in CA? Good luck with your inquiry.

Robert~

1 - 20 of 34 Posts