IW STi Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I somehow managed to win an APS S/R30 Turbo last night in a raffle, and it looks like it would be a super sweet upgrade for a WRX, but I'm not sure it would be worthwhile to put on an STi.

It appears to flow as much air at the same level of boost as the stock STi turbo, and I'm wondering if it will provide any better performance? It does have a sweet divorced wastegate but that would mean I would have to replace my exhaust.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Is it ball-bearing? If so, it would spool faster.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
WRX/Evo Track Day at Summit Point - November 1-2

ya if it is ball bearing it would spool faster and probably have more consistant boost (as APS is a very reliable company). You might want to look at the benefits of the turbo over the amount of hp you would receive. Even if you only gain 10hp, you might reduce spool up time by 1000rpm, be able to run more boost, smoother spool up, etc etc. Make sure you get ALL the info possible before making a decision and let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Robert~

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
APS said on their site none of their turbos or any others will direstly interchange, i know guru said he reckons they will, but APS also said that it appears they are the same at first, but they arnt. so maybe thats why guru thinks they will? maybe they do fit and APS made the mistake... do it! let us know what happens

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Pinging

any updates as to what you're doing with it?

Robert~

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I sold the turbo to a WRX owner at the Laurens Subaru Challenge last weekend.

So, the cash will be going into my 'buy a Spec C interior' fund.

:)

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
spec c interior? whats different? or what are you buying to make it more spec Cish?

Robert~

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Momo 6MT Shift Knob for the STi

Yeah, it basically looks identical, but the bolstering is nice and tight for those little asian people that it was marketed to. The only difference is it has additional bolstering between the legs, otherwise they look exactly the same. I have grown to like the looks of my stock interior, but I just need more padding, I got thrown around like a ragdoll at the challenge.

You do lose the side airbags, and you also lose the height adjustor since it will be on the passenger seat, but otherwise it will be a stealth mod :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts