1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: to my dismay my side valence ...

These numbers are from the crank

430 hp 440 tq with 94 octane

415 hp 420 tq with 92 octane and that with the stock turbo, intercooler, fuel system

mods: all gpmoto products

3” turbo back, equal length headers, short air ram, unichip. I should have the dyno chart on Friday.

these mods where put on 3 sti with the same results.

·
Registered
44 Posts
bigjon75 are you in Portland? Your signature says 380hp flywheel but the thread says 400++?? Confused? What was your actual wheel horsepower? Total cost?

·
Registered
77 Posts
i see gpmoto is doing a pretty nice job. keep in mind APS has done alot to their car to get it to 468, exhaust, turbo, fmic, intake and engine management.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Silver-Bolt said:
bigjon75 are you in Portland? Your signature says 380hp flywheel but the thread says 400++?? Confused? What was your actual wheel horsepower? Total cost?
Yes im in Portland and yes at the moment I have 380 flywheel hp and that’s 304 whp with 20% loss. This Friday I will have 415 flywheel (332 whp) when I take it to the dyno and do some final tweaking also Eric with is white sti will be on the dyno and he has the same setup like me as well as a newly installed AVO500 turbo so it will be interesting to see what he gets :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Where are you guys dynoing at? Possible to stop in and view? Would love to hear your exhaust. If not at the dyno I would like to meet up sometime and check out your cars. Thanks for clarifing my H/P confusion.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Silver-Bolt said:
Where are you guys dynoing at? Possible to stop in and view? Would love to hear your exhaust. If not at the dyno I would like to meet up sometime and check out your cars. Thanks for clarifing my H/P confusion.
At the meantime where using matrix’s dyno witch is a mustang but, in mid November gpmoto is getting a dyno so that will be cool :D . 8) Sure I can give you a ride in my car where about do you live in Portland...? Ne for me in the gateway district near Fred Meyers and cub foods.

·
Registered
44 Posts
bigjon, I am actually in the Tualatin area. I may have to take a trip out your way to hear that exhaust. I have been doing some cosmectic mods to mine, so far no performance stuff. JDM fogs and bumper beam, STi group-c springs, tunes, etc. I met Sean in July at a supplier seminar but had little time to talk cars. I like the idea of supporting local tuners and suppliers. I have been looking at the APS 3.0" catted TBE but would like to hear/see the GPMoto setup as well. This turbo 4cyl world is all new to me. Coming from a Ford Lightning with over 500hp at the wheels.

·
Registered
34 Posts
bigjon75 said:
These numbers are from the crank

430 hp 440 tq with 94 octane

415 hp 420 tq with 92 octane and that with the stock turbo, intercooler, fuel system

mods: all gpmoto products

3” turbo back, equal length headers, short air ram, unichip. I should have the dyno chart on Friday.

these mods where put on 3 sti with the same results.
those are some great gains with bolt-ons and unichip. is the unichip just PnP? how do you tune it?

those gp-moto equal length exhaust manifold looks very nice. how much does it cost? and how does it compare with a gt-spec exhaust manifold?

i would love to come down to oregon and check your guy's sti's out.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Silver-Bolt said:
bigjon, I am actually in the Tualatin area. I may have to take a trip out your way to hear that exhaust. I have been doing some cosmectic mods to mine, so far no performance stuff. JDM fogs and bumper beam, STi group-c springs, tunes, etc. I met Sean in July at a supplier seminar but had little time to talk cars. I like the idea of supporting local tuners and suppliers. I have been looking at the APS 3.0" catted TBE but would like to hear/see the GPMoto setup as well. This turbo 4cyl world is all new to me. Coming from a Ford Lightning with over 500hp at the wheels.
I too was looking at buying the APS 3.0 catted exhaust but after taking with Sean I decided to go with his gpmoto 3”turbo back cat less exhaust with an o2 bung extension so I wont get a check engine light (CEL) so when I take it to the DMV it will pass :D and I only set me back $800.00 plus it fits like a glove. If you’re free this weekend we can meet up and ill let you take her for a spin.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ryu12341 said:
those are some great gains with bolt-ons and unichip. is the unichip just PnP? how do you tune it?

those gp-moto equal length exhaust manifold looks very nice. how much does it cost? and how does it compare with a gt-spec exhaust manifold?

i would love to come down to oregon and check your guy's sti's out.
The header cost $800.00. I hate the gt-spec its crap don?t waste your money plus with an equal length you get more top end gain. unichip is a PnP with a wrx but the wiring harness as you know is different but gpmoto should have one in a month or two (harness). For right now the unichip is spiced into the OEM harness and you can program it with a laptop also, unichip is coming out with a new piggyback system with a more powerful processor at the first of the year.

·
Registered
34 Posts
bigjon75 said:
The header cost $800.00. I hate the gt-spec its crap don?t waste your money plus with an equal length you get more top end gain. unichip is a PnP with a wrx but the wiring harness as you know is different but gpmoto should have one in a month or two (harness). For right now the unichip is spiced into the OEM harness and you can program it with a laptop also, unichip is coming out with a new piggyback system with a more powerful processor at the first of the year.
that sounds good. after i get my dp and intake, im thinking about getting a greddy evo exhaust and a gp-moto exhaust manifold. does the unichip have boost control or will i have to get one? and do you have dyno sheets of your setup? i would love to see them. im hoping for that kind of hp with my sti.

where did you get your car tuned at in portland? i live in bellingham, wa. and was thinking about coming down there to get the header and unichip sometime after christmas.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
!!!!!!!!!HERES A DYNO SHEET OF A 426.6 hp & 455 ftq!!!!!

dyno plot

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
hmm. gpmoto uses a dynopack ; vishnu uses dyno dynamics; so does aps. using vishnu's "great dyno equalizer" shows/suggests that the gpmoto isn't doing as good as these numbers imply. (??) the aps 411hp converts to 350 gpmoto hp, if i'm using the tool correctly. gpmoto's 430hp gpmoto would come out to 365 on aps' dyno.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts