IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
$7,000 USD. This will be a stage 2 offering, Stage 1 will be sans turbo, fuel system, off-road exhaust for around $3900 USD.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
STi in STUFF!!!

kingsti said:
$7,000 USD. This will be a stage 2 offering, Stage 1 will be sans turbo, fuel system, off-road exhaust for around $3900 USD.

Is that the parts price, or the installed price?

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone switched from EVO to STI? why?

final pricing will prob be availible after sema, look for it to be about $4000-$4500 without fuel upgrade or new turbo. $6500+ with fuel upgrade and SR50 turbo... depending who you order throu and get it tuned with of course.... might be able to work a deal with them.

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i beleive that is installed price... thats for SR50 turbo, D/R500 FMIC, intake, exhaust, ecu, upgraded fuel system... u could always install it yourself then just have it tuned and save alot of $. thats full retail estimates remember, if a shop was going to install everything and tune it for you then it would be cheaper, plus thats a price for buying everything seperate, buying a kit would be cheaper too i would think.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Wow, that's pretty sweet ... did you guys notice that APS is saying the STi has 480cc side feed injectors?? That sucks! No wonder the Fuel Injector duty cycle hits 97%+ at full throttle near 6,000 rpms .....

I need that Garrett GT35R .... and an APS D/R650 Stealth Black FMIC .... with a UTEC... some fuel upgrades ... ahhhhhhh ... here it goes again!

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it made 340 lbs/ft torque all i know is it built up early... said it didnt increase much as boost wasnt raised much... low torque was on purpose too as the pistons are cast not forged :( my old STi had forged... well i guess this means i will def go a stroker kit now since the pistons are coming out.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
so could you actually upgrade to STI 565 or 555cc (ive seen both) injectors?

Robert~

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i dont see why not, what i will be doing since im going for big power is keeping the factory injectors and APS have a system to add four more big cc injectors for when it needs the extra juice... this helps keep drivability aparently... i will be going with a D/R65 (the raised mounted turbo rated 650hp) dr650 FMIC and now i know pistons are def cast, i will be looking into a stroker kit.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
eatV8 said:
it made 340 lbs/ft torque all i know is it built up early... said it didnt increase much as boost wasnt raised much... low torque was on purpose too as the pistons are cast not forged :( my old STi had forged... well i guess this means i will def go a stroker kit now since the pistons are coming out.
I've read multiple places that the pistons are forged. This is incorrect?

-st

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
they are forged. from page 2 of the sti core technology document:

A stiffer engine block was necessary to provide durability under higher boost and power conditions. The 2.5-liter horizontally opposed (boxer) 4-cylinder engine is based on a specially reinforced semi-closed deck engine block with forged aluminum alloy pistons and forged highcarbon steel connecting rods.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts