IW STi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,
I have been on the forums for the last few months and learned a lot of really good info, just like to thank everyone. Anyway here is my question, I have an 04 STi my only mod so far is an MRT performance 3" SS exaust system with a high flow CAT. My mods are going to be a piece at at time since I am in the Army and cant afford to do it any other way? My plan is when I get back from the desert to throw on a set of Heat wrapped APS headers. Is this a wise move as my next upgrade? How much differance will the headers make as far as HP and torque? Any advice is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
There are those that will say the stock manifolds are fine. You will definately benefit from wrapped headers. But.... Dont expect much just by putting them on. With out EM and tuning you will never get the most out of the car. So... Get the headers, wrap them and put em on. They are a great addition and if you will continue to mod, will help in the long run! :tup:

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
This is a great subject for this morning. I was just thinking about what to do with this because I have a 20G on the way. I want to get as much air as possible into and out of the new turbo. Bruce Chapman P&P'd his stock manifolds and used an Injen crosspipe and we all know what kind of power goals he has. What is the thought on this?

CB

·
Premium Member
5,267 Posts
The headers are a great choice, but you should get Engine management first. There is power untapped from your exhaust modification as is, even before needing headers!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input, I have a friend with a seriously moded S2000 that said the same thing about the ECU, but he also said that with a limited budget I should get as many parts as possible and put them on at the same time then get it tuned to save money on tuning after every mod. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
At least get the EM, Like the Accessport to take advantage of the mods you allready have... Then get your headers and whatever else and get the protune. You're ready to go Stage 2 as you are, and I think you'll be really happy with it....

·
Registered
90 Posts
hey rowella69 if you want a stock sound, stay with the stock headers, i dunno, I kinda like the stock burrrrrble. Wrapping the headers will increae 1-2 hp and keep the ****pit cooler, but if you want a different sound and +18hp from your STi, dump the stock exhaust and go from there. Cheers from mtn05sleeper

·
Registered
90 Posts
No cats?

·
Registered
2019 WRX
4,512 Posts
JJ18Sniper said:
The headers are a great choice, but you should get Engine management first. There is power untapped from your exhaust modification as is, even before needing headers!
+1 Cobb Acessport FTW!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts