IW STi Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Those stats look promising...........HOLY CRAP!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm ready to lay down the money for the increased power. Looks as though APS is one of the best tuners at this point.

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
APS have alot of experiance and make VERY high quility gear... it is a little pricey but as the saying goes, you get what you pay for :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Sounds like APS is stating that we can get max 370HP (flywheel) with the stock turbocharger....not bad. I think Vishnu was getting similar numbers (I think a bit more HP and trq.) w/out a FMIC for their Stage I kit. Lets see what Cobb can do :lol:

·
Registered
575 Posts
Re: Black STi Window Tint

hmm it would feel better to see some pieces alone and not built on top of each other mode, next thing would be to see the real scans of the dyno with torque and hp together in order to fully see the effects of the modifications.

right now it really looks like a traced hp curve of a certain interval points, with no power dips or anything to give any clarity what the mods really do.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Umm, I have gotten over 370 crank HP out of the stock turbo and I don't even have fuel management in place yet and have the stock IC. I think their statement was premature and wrong.

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
does the exhaust you use meet the 95db levels required in cali? does it meet every emmision and other tests thrown at it? because the exhaust APS is using does. im sure a louder less restrictive exhaust would make some more power... but i wouldnt want to be running that standard IHI turbo making much more then the 370 mark or so...

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
actually greddy seems to brag that their 2002 wrx exhaust systems can create the most hp at the least amount of db(their evo model or whatever). So I msure emmisions and noise isnt a problem with tuning a lot of hp. Granted a straight pipe will flow better then one with a cat, but random tech had a catalyst setup to where its a straight pipe that still filters when it gets hot (like a cat, but with more flow), so Im sure hp + legality can be met together.

Robert~

·
Registered
357 Posts
I was using the stock exhaust so yeah it did meet any requirements laid out by the the California legislature. Yes Greddy exhausts are the best flowing exhaust out of the quiet ones. APS also are good but more expensive. The Greddy is VERY quiet and meets California regulations as well.

·
Registered
81 Posts
When you say the Greddy is very quiet, do you mean more quiet than stock? I want to be a little louder than stock, but not full on fart-pipe loud.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hey Guru,
If you don't mind, could you list those mods you did to obtain over 370 crank hp with stock turbo, and by the way I've been watching what you all are doing over at godspeed, and just want to say great job.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts