IW STi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my freinds and i just installed these 2 on my 06 sti today and everything is great, but i have two concerns.

1. the pipes come down too low so that the plastic peices under each side of the bumper bulde out.

2. the bov wont let the hood close when it is mounted to the bracket.

has anyone heard of these issues and/or know how to fix them?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Blaiser said:
so my freinds and i just installed these 2 on my 06 sti today and everything is great, but i have two concerns.

1. the pipes come down too low so that the plastic peices under each side of the bumper bulde out.

2. the bov wont let the hood close when it is mounted to the bracket.

has anyone heard of these issues and/or know how to fix them?

How long did it take them to install the APS FMIC on your 06? WHAT BOV are you using thats making it do that? And is this the APS DR525 or the 725? I'm installing this soon too heh.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
soDo said:
How long did it take them to install the APS FMIC on your 06? WHAT BOV are you using thats making it do that? And is this the APS DR525 or the 725? I'm installing this soon too heh.
5 hours, aps bov, dr725. :tup:

·
Registered
176 Posts
did you get this sorted out? PIcs?

·
Registered
81 Posts
You have to trim the black pieces in order to clear the pipes. It was part of the instructions for the APS DR725.

What BOV are you using, any pics?

I used the stock and APS BOV later and had no clearance issues.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Doctor Subie said:
did you get this sorted out? PIcs?
the plastic is fine now yes, but the BOV is still just sitting there not attached to a bracket cause it wont fit.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BHRSTI said:
You have to trim the black pieces in order to clear the pipes. It was part of the instructions for the APS DR725.

What BOV are you using, any pics?

I used the stock and APS BOV later and had no clearance issues.
i am using the APS BOV, and it doesnt seem to fit...does anyone have a pic of theres fitting?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts