IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone Else Have JDM Wheels?

The APS DR 500 is not an easy install :eek: . My kit was actually for the 03 model as I am told that the 04 model kit is not yet available or in short supply. One hint for the battery which needs to be changed is use the Optima 51 R yellow top. The Apexi power intake was very easily installed :D . This combination looks sweet in person but...

The car seems slower. Maybe the ECU needs to learn or something. I have a DP but have not installed it yet. God says that the combo of the DP and intake is significant. I can't wait. :roll: :wink:

Are there any people who upgraded the intercooler first? Please share your experiences. Perhaps the combo of a reset ECU and restrictive exhaust is the problem. I double and triple checked the install and it is perfect.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
upgrading the intercooler wont do a thing for you i wouldnt think on everything stock... the intake will take a while to be picked up by the ecu. When you run the DP and start running more boost the FMIC will come into play, but right now I'd think it'd only cause more lag :(? Good luck and keep us informed on how it works out for you. ;) http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=302047&highlight=ecu+vishnu

that by the way will update your ECU in 5 seconds... to its fullest potential. Try taht and see if it helps.

Also where did you get the apexi intake? I think I might get it myself... and just replace the perrin filter. Apexi had the best filtration (vs the HKS/blitz SUS/K&N) and since the perrin is like the HKS I would like to swap it out ,as I've always wanted an apexi intake to begin with. Know where i could just buy a filter?

Robert~

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I can get you just the filter. I know people in high places. Anyway, I buy all my stuff from god, as his committment to STI owners is unparalled. I don't think that the filter, alone, will help you out much, though. It comes as a cone with threads which requires a piping to be attached.

The WRX kit, that I got from Dan, comes with everything included, filter two gaskets for connection to the MAF pipe with all bolts and lock washers. It is an excellent fit.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Vote For The STI or not!

dangit... nm then. I just wanted the cone filter. If you can help me out just lmk. All I need is a 3" apexi filter that just clamps on. I dont expect gains... i just expect better filtering and no oily residue and maintenance. PM some info PLEASE! I have your CD done btw.

Robert~

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Guru said:
I can order you the filter Robert but it takes time to order.
if it'll fit up right, SURE! I will let you know!

Robert~

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
hey whats the size of that cooler?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts