IW STi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I asked this question a couple of months ago, but my car was stock. The only mods I have are static X ground kit mod, and the AP stage 1 93oct. I want to get the APS CAI just for the sound. Can I just get the CAI and install it and reset the ECU and be good to go? Or will it mass with intake calibration table? Next year I'm getting the APS 3" exhaust with cat to run stage 2. Will I have problem? I do not plan on protuning my car untill I get all the mods I want. I know if I get the APS inlet and upper pipe, and fuel pump I needed the protune. I just need the car to make some sound. It's to dam quiet for me, and I do not have the money right now for the APS 3" exhaust. I'm ok with it running rich up top. As long as it dose not run lean. or so rich it f*** up the cat.

Any in put will be great. Thanks guys

Mike

·
Registered
2019 WRX
4,512 Posts
i ran the APS cold air intake on the stock ecu, stage 1, and now im running it on stage 2 with no problems. You will be fine with the aps cai on the stage 1 AP map. Enjoy the intake! :cool: :tup:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guys how rich are we talking here? Pig rich so I clog the cat or want. I know I mite lose some power because it's not tuned. As long as I have the sound, that's ok, for now:D

Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
I know its not the same intake but i've been running a perrin cold air w/ ram air..and my car has never ran this good with a stock intake...honestly it might lean it out a tad tad tad bit....but its a CAI that is made correct so you shouldnt have any problems at all

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok guys thanks, so it all depends on my car. It could run pig rich, or a little rich or lean. I'm going to order it.

One more thing, I remember seeing this rubber part that went around the hole in the fender, so it would not scratch the cai and it would stop the vibration if it happened. I searched and I can't find it. Dose anybody know what I'm talking about?

Thanks

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WolfPlayer said:
Stage 1 will already run pig rich. So, making it slightly more pig rich or making it slightly less pig rich still equals = pig rich. So, it won't matter - rofl.

t
Why do you say that AP stage 1 runs pig rich? I get 1 to 2 mpg more now with the stage 1 then I did stock?

·
Registered
24 Posts
that is at WOT sir it runs richer

1 - 11 of 11 Posts