IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told that we didn't need a turbo timer for our cars but I wanted to be on the safe side and install one. I figure it wouldn't hurt.

My question is, has anyone installed teh Apexi turbo timer on their car? I called Apexi and they said they don't have a wiring harness for our car. They said that it had to be hardwired. Would like to know how hard it would be and if anyone has any tips on installation.

Thanks

Char

·
Registered
39 Posts
i'm looking at the apex turbo timer too vs the greddy timer.

any other recommendations?

other then that, all i can say is that i'm having a shop install mine so i don't mess up anything, especially with coexistance with my alarm system.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Neither Apex'i nor Greddy makes harnesses for the WRX. You can just get an HKS or a blitz harness and connect the turbo timers to the respective wires on the harness. That'll work fine.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I was told by SOA that because the turbo is liquid cooled not oil cooled, we do not need a turbo timer. The turbo, because of heat I think, continues topull coolant through it after you shut off the engine. But, go ahead and install one if it makes you feel better, it can't hurt.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
He's BAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a blitz TT harness for the STI if you're interested.

Robert~

·
Banned
596 Posts
another reason is that the coolant reserviour is above the turbo and gravity feeds coolant through the trubo and into the motor. In short fluid keeps moving even when the car is off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts