IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Developed using innovative new concepts, the new APEXi Super Grounding System stabilizes electrical noises and voltage spikes. The Super Ground System maximizes electrical component efficiency by combining an electrical grounding system with a battery current and voltage stabilization control unit. The control unit features an electrical charging system and electrical noise filter. The double noise filter smoothes turbulent electrical current, providing a stable and consistent voltage flow to all your vehicles electrical devices. The APEXi Super Grounding System maximizes the efficiency of all factory vehicle electrical systems, allowing smoother engine operation, more efficient electrical component operation, and improved electrical current. The stylish voltage stabilizer box compliments any engine bay with its attractive case design and ominous backlit APEX logo. Features include:

- Effective for high electrical load components by using accumulated stable electricity that has passes through the noise filter.

- This unit cuts electrical spike (noise) produced by the alternator and electrical components. This preserves electrical stability during high load component usage such as air conditioning as well as electrical current loss caused by quick accelerator movement. The APEXi Super Ground System provides a level of electrical stability never before possible with previous grounding systems.

- Uses a high capacity Double Condensor and Double Noise Filter. Doubling the condenser and noise filter allows the battery to produce a solid and stable voltage current.

- Standard equipped grounding feature. Directly connect the low resistance ground cables from the unit to the alternator and engine head. Electrical components work at maximum efficiency because of the improved electrical current.

- Uses an easy layout, temperature resistant, high conductive 8 sq. OFC cable. The APEXi Super Ground System uses a high purity OFC cable (non-oxidized copper) Copper wire diameter: 0.12mm X 665 utilizes inter-twined wire Max heat resistance: 106 C Allowable current: 75A - High quality illuminated LED adds a stylish impact in the engine bay. Extremely functional while adding a new dimension of style.

- Universal type fits most vehicle applications 3 types of cable lengths and a universal mounting bracket included.

The new A'PEX Super Ground System recently made an outstanding 8.5 horse power to the wheels. Testing was conducted on a 2004 Subaru WRX STi using XS Engineering's four wheel chassis dynamometer. Previous modifications to the car consist of upgraded intake, downpipe, exhaust, and front mount intercooler. Power output was increased throughout the power band with a maximum gain of 8.5hp at 6000 RPM (400 RPM sooner than baseline max power). This test proves the real world capabilities of the Super Ground System.

Car: 2004 Subaru WRX STi
Modifications: Upgraded intake, exhaust, down pipe, front mount intercooler
MAX POWER (Baseline): 298.1 @ 6400RPM
MAX POWER with A'PEX Super Ground System: 306.6 @ 6000RPM

Power measured at all four wheels using four wheel chassis dynamometer.

$200 - shipped (48 states) CA + tax

SpeedStar Racing
[email protected]
408-306-8383

·
Registered
344 Posts
8.5 HP.......from a grounding kit ?

Does the phrase "now I've seen everything" apply here to this advertising
claim ?

-SB

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yes but the problem IS that they tested it using our car....

Run-to-run variances of 20HP are not uncommon with the stock ECU, so a
routine could easily have been devised to give this result. Now, if the
numbers surfaced on a vehicle that gave more repeatable results they would
hold more credability.

If running an extra $2 worth of wire was worth 8.5HP to a car manufacturer,
I'm sure they'd already be doing it.

-SB

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
um no they wouldn't. scratching the paint off at each grounding point on the chassis makes for a better ground but they don't do that. cheaper is better when it comes to auto manufacturers. the ground kits make power. it's not a claim it's fact. it's been tested on several dynos. turbo magazine even tested a ground kit and made power and torque. it's like a light weight pulley/flywheel for your electrical system. granted you don't have to spend $200 on one. static pushes them for $75-85 i think. i picked up mine for $8. but i bet this kit would make more power and torque than mine

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guys,

APEXi is a very reputable company. They would not make a wild claim if indeed it were not true or could not back it up with real data.

This unit is both a Grounding kit and Voltage Reg. (Its not just a bunch of wires) If you bought each item seperately, it would run you $250+

C'on, HKS and Sun Auto's grounding kit alone runs about $100.

Lets do a GB on this item then...10 units and I'll bring the price down a bit.

Those who are interested pls reply. Keep in mind that the price is SHIPPED to you already.

thx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts