IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone using this? i know apex'i makes top notch stuff, was wondering if anyone was using this vice the blitz sus. i just don;t want to pay close to 300 for a damn filter. i'm getting the sti pinks, a intake ,and a mbc . just can't figure out what intake to get. should i just hold off and get a EBC,or a DP? (only got 800 to spend on mods this month) i am getting the springs, the front being so high is killing me, i wish i had enough for coilovers right now :cry: sorry for long wind and if wrong forum......

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
hmmm for $800 I'd say get a DP, MBC, and the Perrin crank pulley. I'd hold off on the intake thing until you get some engine management (or so im told). I love my perrin short ram and it was about ~140 or whatever and it replaced the MAF hose as well. That combo up there will probably cost you about ~$600 too and you would probably see huge results. good luck and let us know what you think.

Robert~

·
Registered
949 Posts
anyone running this intake yet?
some of the posts over @ nasioc have said it makes the car run very lean.
(some results were from wrx's)

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have used them on a variety of STi's and WRX's and they seem to work very well. The kit is very nice and for the same price as a Turbo XS intake. One nice feature that I like is that there is no oil on the filter. It is a dry element cotton filter.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
STi_Thunder said:
staticx313 said:
Ya I am ordering my apexi tomorrow :) woooo

Robert~
I found a site that they are going for about $165 shipped ... sounds good or should I keep searching :D
I would give dan @godspeed a ring ;) hint hint

lol as for that website... why do you need bolts and gaskets? You use clamps and you need a MAF adapter tube. *shrug* maybe thast what they meant? you might want to clarify?

Robert~

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
"sti pinks" is short for STi Pink Lowering Springs, a great set of lowering springs.

-Matt

·
Registered
4,945 Posts
Rain resistant on front speakers?

staticx313 said:
STi_Thunder said:
staticx313 said:

Robert~
I found a site that they are going for about $165 shipped ... sounds good or should I keep searching :D

lol as for that website... why do you need bolts and gaskets? You use clamps and you need a MAF adapter tube. *shrug* maybe thast what they meant? you might want to clarify?

Robert~
So Robert, did you get your Apex'i yet?

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have one left if anyone wants one. I ordered more. DIdn't realize they'd be so popular. Holy gatos.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
STi_Thunder said:
staticx313 said:
STi_Thunder said:
staticx313 said:

Robert~

Robert~
So Robert, did you get your Apex'i yet?
no I have been short on cash since i bought extra wiring pieces. I hope to get it soon though. If not , then I will just hack the stock silencerand run with that until dan gets more in. (if you get the last one)

Robert~

·
Registered
508 Posts
I just installed my Apexi intake from Dan @ Godspeed. I didn't notice any change in EGTs so I don't think the claims that it makes the car run lean are valid. I did notice some increase in throttle response. :D

·
Registered
382 Posts
Can anyone show me pics of the apexi on the sti??

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
wow i haven't been to this sight for a long time, funny to see my thread is still around. i ended up getting a very slightly used blitz sus for REALLY cheap(150). i'm ordering a turbosmart ebc soon as my tax return hits the account,got tanabe gf210's,a helix dp,wingless trunk,hks hi power cat back,and just ordered the worx version 1.2 bov(it'a recirc so keep the flames to yourself). i've learned alot about this car since this thread. anyway, just giving a useless update :lol:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Munky69 do yourself a favor and do NOT buy Turbosmart anything. Their products are pretty darn aweful. I've had a lot of those things come in here and their quality and design leave a lot to be desired. I've had to replace two wastegates by them. They are super cheap which is why they are lumped into a lot of turbo kits. They are ALMOST as bad as the Turbonetics crap. The EBC from them is terrible in terms of ergonomics. I've tried it on a car. If you want one built into a gauge try the Power Enterprise unit. Should be priced similarly and much better design and quality.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts