IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the Apexi power intake? The instructions are in Japanese. I wouldn’t think of this as a problem until I got to step 7. This seems to have a picture of an electrical plug with the pins designated 31, 34, 17, 28, and 22 marked. Does anyone know what this if for?

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
I will get mine in soon, I'll let you know then. .... Whoa electrical plug with pins? This is the intake right... not the AFC or something? Its probably just showing you how the MAF sensor should face or something. As the MAF sensor has to be turned backwards (with the wires facing forward).

Robert~

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don’t know. Step 7 in the manual shows what looks like a plug with 5 pins marked. It might be something for the Japanese version of the car, or something for the standard WRX. Not sure, that is why I posted hoping someone else has seen it.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
WTB: Stock 6spd Shift Knob

yxan2 said:
robert why you sell your perrin for the apexi? is one a lot better than the other?
Yes the apexi filters and seems to give better performance gains. From the MKIV.com reveiw that I read over Apexi was shown to filter the best and give the MOST horsepower gains out of the SUS, K&N, and HKS (foam type like Perrin, which was the worst in this test). So therefore, Im goin to the apexi.

Robert~

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well i'll install the apex tonight, w/o whatever it is for the plug, and let you know what happens.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have the apexi intake... i dont know which thing u are talking about, unless u mean the o2 sensor? its a really easy install... just take stock box out, screw apexi intake in, and put o2 sensor back on... thats weird, i dont remeber that part with the pins.... sorry, i guess i cant really help ya out... :oops:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well it went on easy, about a 20 minuet job. You can defiantly hear the BOV now. Also intake noise when you step on it.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I can never find a web site selling these things, anyone got a link?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I Installed the Apexi on my MR2 and they said it was a filter that never needed cleaning and I dont know how but it stayed clean the whole time it was on my car. Perfectly clean and seemed to filter extreamly well. Just my 2cents on the Apexi that I owned before. No real help to anyone :D

·
Registered
452 Posts
That sounds 'too good to be true'... I thought I had to change the filter every 30k miles, but some of the intake review websites seem to imply that it can be cleaned with air (vaccuum or air spray...?). Furthermore, your post says no cleaning is necessary at all...!!?

Is there any expert who can chime in and confirm which is the case?

·
Registered
382 Posts
can i see some pics of it?

·
Registered
382 Posts
STi_Thunder said:
http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/
Whats the intake tube look like that comes with it?

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
ya I'd like to know that as well, and does it come with a maf hose or do you just attach it to the stock maf hose?

Robert~

1 - 20 of 29 Posts