IW STi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok this is suposed to put the rev limiter to 3 correct... well i put it on before i got my car detailed....when i picked it up i forgot the AP so i had to drive it home on valet...my question is why does it limit it at 3.5 and after that it bucks and sounds like i was launching the car poorly....

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i was just making sure thats what it was suposed to do...because it went past 3.5k but it bucked when it did and i thought the rev. limiter kept it from passing a point...

·
Registered
816 Posts
The reason it was bucking is b/c it was probably flooding it past 3.5k. Since the valet map limits the revs, it controls fuel entirely differently. I'm sure at WOT in the valet map it just adds way to much fuel and causes that bucking or bogging, which is sounds and feels similar to a bad launch. I could be totaly off here, but jw did it smell like fuel, like really rich?

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Doesn't Valet just kick in the rev limiter at 3-3.5K?

If so, its not adding fuel to bog it down, its shutting down injectors just as the rev limiter is designed to do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.