IW STi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am wondering if i can run cobb stg 2 with a bigger tmic i have the one off of ebay? i want to do this because i got a etune from tdc tuning and only will boost to .7 bar when it used to go to 1.4 bar in 4-6th gear. i have no idea what is wrong with it right now. if i reset my ecu and reload my realtime map it will run fine for a couple of days then the boost will drop back down to .7 in all gears. i tightened everything down to make sure no leaks were happening and i dont hear anything leaking. if anyone knows what could be wrong please helps thanks dont have alot of time cuz i am deploying soon so would like to get this fixed.

·
Registered
323 Posts
should be fine, i'm using one

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool thanks do you notice any spool up diferences or anything bad. does anyone know what could be wrong with my car

·
Registered
323 Posts
i would say it spools up a little bit slower due to the increase in core size, however with the prodrive solenoid and tuning, i'm seeing 22psi by 3100rpm in 4th!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok but i just wanna run ap stg 2 with a bigger tmic only no protune did you do this before you have yours protuned?

·
Registered
323 Posts
i ran the basemap for like 45 mins till i decided it sucked horribly

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol thanks i think im just going to log data and see if i can see anything going wrong. anyone out there have any sugestions on what i should log since i am new to this and am trying to learn. i will be using the ecuexplorer also is there anything i can read to learn how to tune my sti? thanks for the help

·
Registered
64 Posts
dbo said:
lol thanks i think im just going to log data and see if i can see anything going wrong. anyone out there have any sugestions on what i should log since i am new to this and am trying to learn. i will be using the ecuexplorer also is there anything i can read to learn how to tune my sti? thanks for the help
i actually called cobb about this about a week ago reference another question that i had for them... Ended up asking them the same question you did and they told me that it wouldn't hurt performance or anything if you ran a bigger tmic on a flashed ecu... They just said that there wouldn't really be a difference, until you tuned it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts