IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 STi that I am going to AP the car for my new Stage 2 setup (stock direcly to stage 2) - which base map should I choose from the start? Since I am starting at Stg2 should I go there? Stock? Thanks!

· Registered
435 Posts
Then select choose new map and flash away. If you use 91 oct then flash Stg 2 91 if 93 then flash 93. Then drive and enjoy:D Give your ecu a few days to learn and it should smooth things out. I would suggest getting some gauges to moniter things also. If you need more power get a tune.

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kessler89 said:
enjoy! you should also look into picking up a EGT gauge, i'd consider it a pretty important one
For regular street driving and occasionaly auto-x, is it real worth having that? What exactly would be the point if I will not be pushing the car to the limits?

· Registered
1,919 Posts
weakness said:
For regular street driving and occasionaly auto-x, is it real worth having that? What exactly would be the point if I will not be pushing the car to the limits?
like the others said the egt is a must, pushing the car or not it's a good idea to keep an eye on you exhaust temps.

· Registered
14,323 Posts
So, I just reflashed for the first time, Stage 2 91 Oct, and, though I notice the boost level is a little higher, it wasn't exactly "earth shattering". How long after I flash (driving time) until I start to feel a difference at the butt dyno? 3 days, a week, never?

· Registered
8,392 Posts
^^ Tim(wolfplayer?) Anyways, the guy that mods the ecu forums says that three WOT runs should be enough learning for the ECU. But that's the learning at WOT not other throttle positions.. Then over the next couple of weeks(when the ecu experiences all the different load and TPS positions)it will 'learn' all the part throttle stuff.

· Registered
9,011 Posts
STLSTI said:
Sorry to hijack, which is more important(helpfull) EGT or AFR's
IMO egt if you are not tuning. if your egt's are high, you are running lean, so that would tell you taht your afr is off.

if you get a afr, make sure its wideband, otherwise theres not point.

· Registered
1,919 Posts
BluSTi said:
So, I just reflashed for the first time, Stage 2 91 Oct, and, though I notice the boost level is a little higher, it wasn't exactly "earth shattering". How long after I flash (driving time) until I start to feel a difference at the butt dyno? 3 days, a week, never?
i'd say give it a week or 2, my car seemed to be all smoothed out after a week:tup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.