IW STi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today has been a terrible day. To start things off my car blew a radiator hose so I fixed that but it still overheats. I had it towed to Subaru and while I was waiting for the tow truck I decided to unmarry my AP, but during the process I forgot what I was doing and turned my car off. Now my car won't start! I sent an email to cobb but am wondering if any of you have an answer??

·
Registered
104 Posts
Vehicle not starting after using AccessPORT
- If an error message was displayed, please refer to that section in this
troubleshooting guide.
- If no error message was given:
o Verify the Test Mode connector and Init Connector have been
properly removed.
o Disconnect the AccessPORT from the vehicle
o If that doesn’t work, turn ignition completely off for at least 30
seconds before attempting to restart.
o If that doesn’t work, disconnect battery for at least 1 hour to
clear ECU memory and try again.
o If that doesn’t work, attempt to re-initialize or reflash with a
base map again.
o If that doesn’t work, use the Map Management software to
verify the desired base map is supplied by an authorized map
provider (tuner). Contact the authorized map provider first
before attempting to contact your authorized distributor (if
they are not the same).
o If that doesn’t work, use the Map Management software to
download and load a new base map from a known good
source.
o If that doesn’t work, refer to “Service and Support” on page 34
for your authorized distributor contact information. They can
assist with additional troubleshooting steps.
If vehicle has undergone ANY other modifications since when you last started
the vehicle, please verify the proper installation and function of those modifications
first.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had a similar situation happen to me this last weekend. My battery went dead in the middle of a flash. All I did was reconnect the AP the way I had it setup with the initialization plug and putting the two green plugs together and chose revert to stock and it all worked out. The CEL didn't flash(showing that it was in test mode), so I wasn't sure what to do, but when I connected the AP, everything worked out fine. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
41 Posts
For the over-heating, do a search on nasioc for something like radiator 'burp' or something like that. There are a few ways to get a bubble out of the system, but until you get it out, it'll continue to overheat.

I got it out by repeatedly warming up the motor, then letting it cool while diligently refilling the overflow, but there is an easier way. I just don't remember it off-hand.

Also, check your radiator / fill-tank caps for garbage along / inside the seals. Anything in there will allow pressure and fluid to seep out and will keep the system from working consistantly. I ended up getting the pink STi cap for the lower radiator cap ( I HATE pink!) , and used a $5 lev-r-vent cap for the top tank.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My car is still at Subaru and they told me today that will have answers for me tomorrow as they were still checking out the cars cooling system. I called Cobb today and told them the story and they think I fried my ecu and since its at the dealer they told me to play dumb and let them fix it because the car is new still.

·
Registered
375 Posts
And you wonder why Subaru can be a b*tch about warranty claims....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts