IW STi Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for gunmetal and darker pictures? so who has rims on thier subys or has seen really nice looking darker rims on another suby? post pics lemme see em!!

·
Registered
2,823 Posts

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
No offense, and obviously everyone's tastes are different, but I don't get the gunmetal look on wheels. I mean, last week my gold wheels looked like that until I washed off the brake dust. :D And now people are paying to get that look on purpose?!?

Again, just my own opinion and I fully understand that it's a subjective thing.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I think the gunmetal is SWEET. I think I'll powder coat my OEM BBS's gunmetal when its time for new tires. Those damn wheel weights will have scratched the rims anyway.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
STi_This said:
I think the gunmetal is SWEET. I think I'll powder coat my OEM BBS's gunmetal when its time for new tires. Those damn wheel weights will have scratched the rims anyway.
I've had mixed opinions on powdercoating forged aluminum. MANY people say it will weaken the wheel. I'll probably have mine repainted.

-st

·
Registered
18 Posts
doublej,

I think these rims would look great on a black sti. They are $$$ at 5 bills each, but they are forged and are made by prodrive. The website and salesman say they will fit over our brembo's.

www.prodrive-usa.com

gc-06 - anyone out there put these on?

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is the second time I have read about powder coating supposedly "softening" or "weakening" a wheel.
Could someone please elaborate on this.
I have never heard of such a thing and I have had many sets of wheels powder coated, used them and never had any problems what so ever.
I mean the wheels come powder coated to start with, how does it affect the strength of the wheel?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I like the brake dust color on silver better myself. It looks cool.
I also think that it looks more elegant.
I'm deciding whether to paint the wheels or just keep them dirty. :D

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Re: Fuel cut

The_Donnn said:
www.sqc-ny.com click on crew, i am number 106. those are rota sdr's in custom black. they are my winter rims and i have had no issues whatsoever with them., if u want e-mail me for more pics, because i have nowhere to host them. [email protected]
Very cool. Is that gloss black or flat - I can't tell from the pics. Also, who painted them?

-st

·
Registered
40 Posts
i had a local body shop paint them, the owner owed me a favor. they are semi gloss black, and look awesome when clean and with tire dressing.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
The_Donnn said:
i had a local body shop paint them, the owner owed me a favor. they are semi gloss black, and look awesome when clean and with tire dressing.
Any idea what kind of paint he used or any specifics? Thanks.

-st

1 - 18 of 18 Posts