IW STi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how noisey are cai? i have a typhoon now and i thinks it is too loud for my taste.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
They are just as loud, its just sound in a different spot, since with a CAI, the cone is located near the wheel well, so the driver will not notice it as much as the typhoon, which by the way sucks hot air, unless properly equipped with air flow

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
I have the cobb cold air on my 2.5RS, with the cat back, and once my rpm's reach about 3500 it makes a nice deep noise, I haven't heard the typhoon, but if others say its the same then it probably is. I don't think the cobb cai is too loud though imo.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
scubadiver424 said:
They are just as loud, its just sound in a different spot, since with a CAI, the cone is located near the wheel well, so the driver will not notice it as much as the typhoon, which by the way sucks hot air, unless properly equipped with air flow

pretty much. my friends short ram seems louder but i think its just because of the filter location. i have the injen cai and its not thattt loud. you can definitly hear it though but if your musics up its faint.

·
Registered
403 Posts
The SPT CAI lets all sort of engine noise into the cabin. I hear the BOV clearly now and the engine rumble. My SO knows something has changed, she just doesn't know what. Other people can hear my BOV outside of the car more clearly now also!

·
Premium Member
4,591 Posts
^^^werd. I went from a Cobb shorty to the APS cold air. The sound is more muffled since the filter is inside the fender.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts