IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone noticed the crazy looking WRC wing yet?

Anyone heard anything further yet? At this point...rumors would even be fun till we hear for sure.

I know there will be differences, but the JDM STi is listed at 1450 kg.....3196 lbs.....a little on the chubby side.

Oh yeah....numbers came from here..

http://www.subaru-global.com/lineup/impreza/sti/data_sheet/

·
Registered
866 Posts
I was bored so I shot off an e-mail to SOA.

Thank you for visiting the Subaru Web site and for your interest in a
WRX STi. The Web site that you sent your message from contains all of
the available information on the WRX STi. We do not yet have color,
accessory or pricing information available for the WRX STi. We should have
this information later this spring as the 2004 WRX STi models should be
available at Subaru dealerships early this summer. Please feel free to
contact us again at that time.

Thanks for the opportunity to be of assistance. If you need any future
assistance, please feel free to contact us again.

Best wishes,

John J. Mergen
Subaru of America, Inc.
-----------------------------------------------------------
YOUR ORIGINAL MAIL:

I would like to know what the MSRP for the 2004 Impreza WRX STi will
be.
First name: Alfredo

null

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
Waitaminute...no color information available? What was the survey for, then? I thought those were available colors or were they just trying to get a feel for what colors would be popular and only offer those?

·
Registered
105 Posts
The new engine shouldn't contribute to additional weight...or if it does, it shouldn't be more than a pound or two. Closed block might be the only adder. Other than that, I thought the block was the same as the 2.0, just a longer stroke and larger cylinders. Shave out the cylinders= loss of weight, larger diameter pistons = gain in weight. Total difference should b a loss as the total loss from the cylinder walls is greater than that gained from the increase in piston diamter. But then, I am just a back yard mechanic, and only re-built engines in my youth, so could be talking out my a##. :)
Cheers,
Scott

·
Registered
25 Posts
If i were to put a STi engine in a MY04 RS how would i...

ya i was definitely serious, if the Sti weighs under 3200lbs that would be fantastic! not too sure what clonegts was thinking when he said 3196 is chubby...

·
Registered
105 Posts
OK...this thread has specs on it. Here is what it says:

General Data
Curb weight 1440kg
Length 4415mm
Width 1740mm
Height 1425mm
Wheelbase 2525mm
Turning radius 5.4m

1440kg converts to 3175 lbs.

This site has a lot of info on the STI....driving impressions, strategy againt the EVO, etc. Check it out.

http://www.apexjapan.com/

found the specs in a sidebar under the article: 2002/11/06: New Subaru WRX STi - Much more than a pretty face.

Also had this little tidbit of info: "That’s more a testimonial to the excellent feel of the car than of the interior, for the price has remained the same."

Before you get all excited, the article is referring to twin-scroll version available in Japan. However, most of those specs should translate well.

Anyway...use it for what it's worth.

Cheers,
Scott

Cheers,
Scott

·
Registered
866 Posts
Another entry. Found this on NASIOC. Compliments of ewt regarding Canadian spec STi.

Also.... I talked to a Subaru of Canada rep. I ignore most of what I hear at shows/dealerships, as they are often wrong, but FWIW he said that: the rumours about the HIDs not making it because of DRL incompatibility were true; that there would be between 600-1200 for the first year (not sure if he meant model year) for Canada, variable since they would re-evaluate demand each month; that they would expect the first ones by June 1st; and that they would be between 47,000 and 50,000 CAD, and he was guessing 47,900. I said I thought that was high, and that it shouldn't be more than the Track model Z (46,500) and he said he hopes that they will surprise everyone and bring it for even less.

And he also showed me this print-out that looked semi-official that he claimed they had just got. There were a lot of numbers, but these were the ones I recorded, again FWIW:

Weight: 1484kg
9.1 L/100km hwy
13.4 L/100km city

·
Registered
526 Posts
SnowbordrWRX said:
and that's 25/17 mpg...yikes...at $2/gal now that's pretty pricey...
That's still better than my Tacoma :p

I get 20mpg on a really, really, really, good day. More like 15-17mpg.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Hey there guys! I just thought that I would devulge some information that I found out from my regional Subie rep. If's it's old news, them please forgive me! The reason why Subaru went with the light weight glass and why it comes standard without a radio is because the weight to performance ratio put it too close to falling into the "gas guzzler" catagory. It then would have encurred an amazing amount of Extra tax!!! I'm glad they left it out! That's it all. See ya!

Jason Murley
Lujack Subaru
Iowa/Illinois
800-373-1160 X-236

·
Registered
575 Posts
okie so where does the gaz guzzler weight kick in? that would atleast give us an indication on to how heavy the car can be as a max value.

Does anyone know the formula for that?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts