IW STi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought to ask because I'm at 2600 miles and took a look at my front pads today and they looked kind of thin.

Also, anyone know of any aftermarket pads that would fit on these calipers? If I have to replace pads every 3K miles, that would kill my pocket book. Mind you, I'd pay anyways, but it would be nice to not shell out money for new brakes every oil change.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Mine look thin at 1800 miles. I think you have to wait until the metal indicator starts making contact (noise) with the rotor to know for sure.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
wow guys. when i check my pad at around 4k, i still had lots left. i'm at 5k now. i'll be rotating my tires later today. i'll check again. anyway, you can give tirerack.com a call for aftermarket pads. a friend of mine also recommended http://www.carbotecheng.com/prod-ct-compounds.htm. they don't have 04 on their webpage as yet, but they might be worth a call.

re "sparkass", i saw that when i visited DE in april. i thought it was funny. i'd heard that "esso" (the old gas stations) meant "sh!t" in japanese. dunno if it's true though.

T

·
0 Posts
I'm almost at 6000 km and I can feel the pedal starting to become mushy, so they do wear pretty fast.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts