IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yep, Got 'em and love 'em.

If you don't like a firm performance ride they're probably not for you.

I commute on country twisties everyday and love the neutral feel.

I've got about 9,000 miles on them and no clunks or noises.

I'm running 300# springs all 'round.

They're making camber plates too!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are you running them on stock struts?
how much modification is required to the strut..
I guess I'm not too familiar with strut type suspension..

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yes I'm running stock inserts. They're a little soft on rebound over the small stuff.

The struts were dynoe'd before installation, they have a very flat curve.

For the slip on kit the modifications are simply removing the stock springs and adding the kit which includes a threaded sleeve, adjustable perch,the spring and top.

As far as the complete coilover "system" you pull out the old assembly and install the one from Ground Control.

There are different inserts available, Koni,Advance Designs etc. but I'm experimenting with the stock inserts for now.

·
Registered
39 Posts
What ride height are you set at compared to stock?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Boost Creep: 100% occurance with turbo back exhaust?

Is that 1.25" set or is it a 0-1.25" thing?

Is the drop dependent on what springs and struts you use? Do the ground control camber/castor plates make a difference one way or the other? I've read that the over-the-tower type let you drop the car an additional 3/8" or 5/8" and allow for more travel.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The kit wiill drop more than 1.5" but the issue with the slip on kit is the bumpstops and available travel once dropped.
Although the car doesen't respond well to being too low, with 300# springs and stock inserts it does reasonably well on smooth tarmac, but the freeway ride sucks if you have rythmic bumps or undulations in the road...

Camber plates will allow for slightly more travel.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Anyone with Koni inserts or some other type of shortened shock?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm having some built as we speak. I'll let you know the results once installed.

The stock dampers just aren't up to the task of controlling a higher rate spring.

There may be issues with upward travel, as far as the tires rubbing the inner/upper fender well, with the front long travel setup. We'll see...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts